What is the value of m?
(1)8*m^2=8^2*m
(2)m is an integer
Detailed explanations would be appreciated. Thanks
(1)8*m^2=8^2*m
(2)m is an integer
Detailed explanations would be appreciated. Thanks
BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course
RedeemTarget Test Prep · GMAT
Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer
Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

with Logan Thompson
Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.
Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.
I assume 8^2*m in statement 2 means (8^2)*m not 8^(2m).knight247 wrote:What is the value of m?
(1)8*m^2=8^2*m
(2)m is an integer
Because that will discard the possibility of m = 0.knight247 wrote:Anurag,
You're right. Statement 1 says (8)(m^2)=(8^2)(m)
Ok, I have a bit of a silly question....Why can't I just cancel 8*m on either side and get m=8 ?
New here Create free account