BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

GMATprep sticky one: Anyone got a solution?

Expert replies
by madhuravkale » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:48 pm
Hi,

I just gave my first GMATprep yesterday. Came across one particular sum that I really got stuck onto even in the exam (I normally don't give time to questions that take too much time). So here goes:

1.) Given x>y2>z4 (numbers indicating powers), which of the following could be true?
I. x>y>z
II. z>y>x
III. x>z>y

A. I only
B. I and II only
C. I and III only
D. II and III only
E. I, II and III


After a while.[/spoiler]
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by GMATGuruNY » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:09 pm
madhuravkale wrote:Hi,

I just gave my first GMATprep yesterday. Came across one particular sum that I really got stuck onto even in the exam (I normally don't give time to questions that take too much time). So here goes:

1.) Given x>y2>z4 (numbers indicating powers), which of the following could be true?
I. x>y>z
II. z>y>x
III. x>z>y

A. I only
B. I and II only
C. I and III only
D. II and III only
E. I, II and III


After a while.[/spoiler]
Ask yourself what the question is testing.
What kind of number gets smaller when it's raised to a power?
A positive fraction.

I. Let x=1/3, y=1/4, z=1/5.
Plugging these values into x > y² > z�, we get:
1/3 > (1/4)² > (1/5)�. This works.
Eliminate any answers that don't include I.
Eliminate D.

II. Let z=1/3, y=1/4, x=1/5.
Plugging these values into x > y² > z�, we get:
1/5 > (1/4)² > (1/3)�. This works.
Eliminate any remaining answers that don't include II.
Eliminate A and C.

III. Let x=1/3, z=1/4, y=1/5.
Plugging these values into x > y² > z�, we get:
1/3 > (1/5)² > (1/4)�. This works.
Eliminate any remaining answers that don't include III.
Eliminate B.

The correct answer is E.

Awhile back I wrote an article about what to do when you don't know what to do. Please feel free to check it out:

https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/2010/07/ ... k-yourself
Last edited by GMATGuruNY on Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3
Join the discussion

by amit2k9 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:20 pm
let x,y,z be 0.1,0.2 and 0.3 not in specific order though.

then
1 x>y>z means x 0.3 y 0.2 z 0.1 so x>y^2 > z^4. true.

3 x>z>y means x 0.3 z 0.2 y 0.1 so x>y^2 > z^4. true.

2 z>y>x mean z 0.3 y 0.2 x 0.1 so x>y^2 > z^4. true. (you can check for the values)

thus E it is.
For Understanding Sustainability,Green Businesses and Social Entrepreneurship visit -https://aamthoughts.blocked/
(Featured Best Green Site Worldwide-https://bloggers.com/green/popular/page2)
Join the discussion