BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Issues with verbal. My strategy ok?

Critical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension
Expert replies
by dextar » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:10 am
HI ppl

Pls help me out!!

I have read the strategies by beatthegmat

It has been a month since I started my prep. However, I can't feel the momentum going my way. I started my GMAt Preparation with Kaplan Premier, completed it in 10 days(QA in 2 days). THen I completed SC from OG 11 using the sheet format mentioned in the forum. After this, I took GMAt Prep1 and scored 600 (Qa 48 va 24). COuldn't even finish verbal in time.

I then started with RC and Cr from OG 11 slowly but steadily. However, I was startled to see my speed in RC.(very slow). I was taking too much time. I did most of the questions in CR in timed mode. However, I was not able to do RC in the proper time limit.

After finishing off verbal from OG-11, I took one GMAT CAT 1 from Kaplan CD this Saturday. I was expecting better this time. However the score was demoralising 570 (QA 50 Va 24).

THe common things that I noted during both the tests are that suddenly out of nowwhere , I start crumbling under sheer pressure of SC and RC. Sometimes I fail to distinguish what is the error being tested in SC. This doesn't happen with me while solving OG-11 questions. In Rc, I don't remember the paragraph, so that I have to go and check each and every option from the passage and that takes a lot of time.

QA is ok for me. In both the tests, I have been able to comlpete QA 15-minutes in advance.
My question:
What should I do apart from analysing my mistakes?
Should I again revisit the OG-11 or take on 1000 series?

Thanks in anticipation.
Join the discussion
Source: — Verbal Reasoning |

by beatthegmat » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:52 pm
Take your Kaplan practice scores with a grain of salt--these tests have a reputation of skewing down your score below what you should actually expect on the GMAT. GMATPrep is a better indicator; you may wish to take that second test if you want a better sense of where you stand.

Otherwise, a better approach is to compare scores within the same test company brand. If you're improving you're on the right track.
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school
Join the discussion