BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Inequality Magic -- What is Z?

Expert replies
by XLogic » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:11 pm
Please help resolve this data sufficiency question. Provide full explanation.

If z is an integer and 4^z < 213, what is z?

(1) 4^(z + 1) - 4^(z - 1) > 213
(2) 4^(z + 1) + 4^z > 213
Join the discussion
Source: — Data Sufficiency |

by ldoolitt » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:29 pm
Sometimes I like to think of Data Sufficiency problems as set logic problems (for value DS questions). The question provides you with a set and the statements attempt to restrict that set. If a statement or statements can restrict the set to one value, you have sufficiency.

Looking at this problem in this way, the question

4^z < 213, z is an int

Yields the following set
{...,-1,0,1,2,3}

The first statement

4^(z+1) - 4^(z-1) > 213

Works for z = 3 (you can plug and chug yourself here)

Doesn't work for z=2 and therefore wont work for anything less than z=2 since 4^z only gets smaller as z decreases. Hence (1) is sufficient

The second statement

4^(z+1) + 4(z) > 213

Obviously works for z=3 since this statement will be larger than statement 1

Doesn't work for z=2 and therefore won't work for anything less than z=2.

Hence (2) is sufficient
Join the discussion

by XLogic » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:49 pm
Thanks.

I've done a few practice tests, and I'm scoring 60-80 points below my goal.
I'm scheduled to take the test this Saturday. Any words of advice? Strategies... tactics. too late?

Surprisingly, I'm doing better in DS than PS. But I've been guessing quite a bit on DS.

--Xlogic
Join the discussion

by ldoolitt » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:04 pm
XLogic wrote:Thanks.

I've done a few practice tests, and I'm scoring 60-80 points below my goal.
I'm scheduled to take the test this Saturday. Any words of advice? Strategies... tactics. too late?

Surprisingly, I'm doing better in DS than PS. But I've been guessing quite a bit on DS.

--Xlogic
Yeah DS is easier to guess on than PS because if you find either statement to be sufficient, you have a 50% chance of getting the question right.

I think the strategy probably depends on your weaknesses. If that were me I would study strategy and practice problems for whatever my weakest area was. Usually that gives you more bang for your buck. For example my weak area in verbal is RC because there isn't a clear cut strategy for it. So I did every RC problem in the OG and the Verbal Review, improved my accuracy from 40% - 65% and it improved my score quite a few points (I don't remember how many).
Join the discussion

by MAAJ » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:00 am
If z is an integer and 4^z < 213, what is z?
z= integer
4^z < 213
4*4=16*4=64*4=256 HENCE z < 4


(1) 4^(z + 1) - 4^(z - 1) > 213
4^z(4^+1 - 4^-1) > 213
4^z(4 - 1/4) > 213
4^z(15/4) > 213
4^z > 213 * 4/15
4^z > 3*71*4*(1/15)
4^z > 284/15
4^z > 56.80
Because z is an integer, then z must be 3!!!

(2) 4^(z + 1) + 4^z > 213
4^z(4+1) > 213
4^z(5) > 213
4^z > 213/5
4^z > 42.6
Because z is an integer, then z must be 3!!!

Correct Answer [spoiler](D)[/spoiler]
"There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstance permit. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results."
Join the discussion