BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Preparing for GMAT but very doubtful

Welcome to the Beat The GMAT community! Tell us about yourself
Expert replies
by swan » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:10 am
Hello Everyone,

I just joined. Quite an impressive forum!
I have been preparing for GMAT slowly for last few weeks.... I understand the problems and their explanation but when I take practice tests (Princeton Review) I get less than half the answers right. Again when I read the answer explanation I understand them. Why have I not been able to enforce this understandong in the practice tests that I have taken so far.
Is it a lot of practice that I need before going for the test?
Do I need to change my approach or keep on studying slowly like I am now.?

Background: I have been out of university for a while now, background is Civil Engineering and have worked as an oilfield engineer for 5 years. Not working now because I thought it was time to change.
Join the discussion
Source: — Introductions |

Re: Preparing for GMAT but very doubtful

by beatthegmat » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:16 pm
swan wrote:Hello Everyone,

I just joined. Quite an impressive forum!
I have been preparing for GMAT slowly for last few weeks.... I understand the problems and their explanation but when I take practice tests (Princeton Review) I get less than half the answers right. Again when I read the answer explanation I understand them. Why have I not been able to enforce this understandong in the practice tests that I have taken so far.
Is it a lot of practice that I need before going for the test?
Do I need to change my approach or keep on studying slowly like I am now.?

Background: I have been out of university for a while now, background is Civil Engineering and have worked as an oilfield engineer for 5 years. Not working now because I thought it was time to change.
Hi swan:

Welcome to the community. The short answer to your question is: YES--it takes a lot of practice to do well on the test. I would take some time to look at my GMAT blog, https://beatthegmat.blocked, to see one example of a good study strategy. You'll notice that practice tests are frequently built into the study schedule.

The secret to success on the GMAT is simply solid practice. If you can stay disciplined to your studies you'll have a great shot at reaching your target score.

Look forward to reading your posts! Definitely leverage the community during your prep--replying to posts and teaching others are effective ways to reinforce GMAT concepts for yourself.
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school
Join the discussion

Re-doing the Princeton Workout Books

by swan » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:36 pm
Thanks for replying. I know I need a lot of prep before going to the exam. Even though I have also bought the thicker books like KAPLAN PREMIER & CRACK THE GMAT PRINCETON books, but I am re-doing the thinner slimmer Princeton's Math Workout book. I find it great for brushing up the basic concepts.

For all others like me, re-doing makes a concept stick in your mind. My startegy is before I move on to bigger books I should be solid in my basics and the types of question that the GMAT throws at us.
Then I can start the thick books and the CDs.

It may take me longer than others to get smart but I am on my way.
Cheers.
Join the discussion