BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

How to solve questions like these ?

Expert replies
by TkNeo » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:13 pm
As a bicycle salesperson, Norman earns a fixed salary of $20 per week plus $6 per bicycle for the first six bicycles he sells, $12 per bicycle for the next six bicycles he sells, and $18 per bicycle for every bicycle sold after the first 12. This week, Norman earned more than twice as much as he did last week. If he sold x bicycles last week and y bicycles this week, which of the following statements must be true?

I. y > 2x
II. y > x
III. y > 3


A. I only
B. II only
C. I and II
D. II and III
E. I, II, and III

OA:D

How do you proceed for questions like these. I have accross these types a few times now.

The way i go about is like this. To prove y > 2x , I will take a few scenarios and try to prove that y>2x is not essentially true. I I fail to do that then i would assume y >2x. But the problem is that since its not a standard problem i am never sure what data points would be representative enough. Lets say i take 5 set of data points and all of them prove y>2x but i miss a 6th type which proves y < 2x... So i don't feel confident...

What do you guys say ?

-Tk
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

Re: How to solve questions like these ?

by hopetobeat » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:49 pm
y>x is absolute, y>2 is qutie obvious because if y=3, salary of this week is 38, and last week must be <19>2x, if we find one senario y can be either >2x or not >2x, this answer should be opt out. Since 6 is a crutial sales number, I will start with x=6

x=6-->last week salary = 56 -->this week >112
If y=2x=12, this week salary=128, suffice; further, if y=11, 116>112 as well, so we can see when x=6, y can <or>2x. (3)is not correct.

IMO D
Join the discussion

by camitava » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:03 pm
TkNeo,
I would like to take diff approach, I think -
Take some diff situation -
let x > 12 -> s = 18x - 128
x = 12 -> s = 128
6< x <12> s = 12x - 16
x = 6 -> s = 56
x <6> s = 20 + 6x
From the question, its obvious that we have to select II, III. But now our question comes whether I will be included or not. Let say x = 6 so sale = 56. But this week sale = 2 x 56 = 112 - which means y < 12. --- not holding I.
So IMO D. Hey got me, TKNeo?
Correct me If I am wrong


Regards,

Amitava
Join the discussion