"how-to's"

500 prizes worth $100,000!
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

"how-to's"

by ramannjit » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:51 am
Hi

Not able to see $100K sign on the "how-to's" article. Is it visible to anyone?

Thanks
Ramannjit

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by cherylPTN » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:13 am
Yes. I can see it. Go ahead and find it again.

How about the poll by hitmis? I don't get any point from that.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by sandeep800 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:57 am
Did u find the post cheryl??In that case David can only help u, if u haven't got the points?
cherylPTN wrote: How about the poll by hitmis? I don't get any point from that.
A body of clay, a mind full of play, a moment's life - that is me!!!

by fionafong » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:35 pm
hmm - I'm not seeing the 100k signpost of the how-to's article either...

Site Admin
Followed by:550 members
GMAT Score:770

by DanaJ » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:19 pm
Sorry guys but you must be looking at the wrong article. I for one do see the signpost on the right one! However, I must warn you that there are a bunch of articles/forum posts with how-to's, so... it's gonna take a bit of work to get this one!

by fionafong » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:40 pm
I did find one "how to" article with a 100k signpost, but I've already "liked" it before... so I wasn't sure if it was the same one?

Site Admin
Followed by:550 members
GMAT Score:770

by DanaJ » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:43 pm
Don't really know... But you can unlike an article by clicking Unlike at the bottom of the post.

Followed by:1 members

by ashokkadam » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:13 pm
Guys,
Can somebody tell me how many points did you earn by liking and sharing this bonus?
Force and mind are opposites; morality ends where a gun begins.

Legendary Member
Followed by:6 members
GMAT Score:760

by harsh.champ » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:32 pm
Hi ashokkadam,

I think this is also one of the twists of the game.Those people who have liked the article before will get less points as compared to the people who like it afterwards.Guess the luck factor has increased now. Sadly for people like me who had already liked it :(
It takes time and effort to explain, so if my comment helped you please press Thanks button :)

Just because something is hard doesn't mean you shouldn't try,it means you should just try harder.

"Keep Walking" - Johnny Walker :P

by ashokkadam » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:37 pm
Correct!!
It certainly looks like a punishment (in the context of this challenge) for those who have liked the article already in the past :D

It is a
harsh.champ wrote:Hi ashokkadam,

I think this is also one of the twists of the game.Those people who have liked the article before will get less points as compared to the people who like it afterwards.Guess the luck factor has increased now. Sadly for people like me who had already liked it :(
Force and mind are opposites; morality ends where a gun begins.

Legendary Member

by harsh.champ » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:40 pm
Hi Eric/Dana,

Can you just check if all the participants are given equal 12 points for this article? Just wanted to know if this is also a part of the game twist or not.

[Ashok,I guess you also scored 10 instead of the given 12 points]
It takes time and effort to explain, so if my comment helped you please press Thanks button :)

Just because something is hard doesn't mean you shouldn't try,it means you should just try harder.

by ezhilkumarank » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:10 pm
@ harsh.champ and ashokkadam

Not sure if that is entirely correct (about only 2 points being the deficit). I had also liked the post earlier and hence my total points for that particular post is less. [Now there is no way I can prove/disprove the above statement.]

I have been following the challenge closely and it seems like there is a now a new window of 4 points between few players. I have crawled through the entire list of articles in the BTG portal but still could not find a reason for the new deficit of 4 points.

I guess we should continue as is and hope for the best. :D :D :D
"The will-to-do achieves the deed, when the mind that wills is strong indeed"

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by ramannjit » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:16 pm
ezhilkumarank wrote:@ harsh.champ and ashokkadam

Not sure if that is entirely correct (about only 2 points being the deficit). I had also liked the post earlier and hence my total points for that particular post is less. [Now there is no way I can prove/disprove the above statement.]

I have been following the challenge closely and it seems like there is a now a new window of 4 points between few players. I have crawled through the entire list of articles in the BTG portal but still could not find a reason for the new deficit of 4 points.

True, I agree. I was among the highest 2 when it started :):). There is somehow some game inbetween because everyone is liking all the likes :) and still there are some differences in points. There maybe some popup quiz busted for some.

Game is rocking! knowledge digging is great! and many have won at least some prizes, so rock:) and the luckiest few will go for top slot :)
Ramannjit

Legendary Member

by harsh.champ » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:32 pm
Hi ramannjit ,

If you miss a pop quiz it will show that "You missed the pop quiz,Try again". So if you don't see that sign it means that you didn't miss any.

P.S. I think all those people who have scored more than 87 have liked the link in this week.So thats why their score is that much

Legendary Member

by harsh.champ » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:34 pm
ezhilkumarank wrote:@ harsh.champ and ashokkadam

Hi ezhilkumarank,

The net difference is of 2 points.
But If the weekly points are considered,then those people will lead by 4 points.Hence you will find a 4 point deficit in the week tally.

I guess one of the Critical Reasoning problems this was :)