BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

A basic DS concept question

Problem Solving — algebra and arithmetic (GMAT Focus Edition)
Expert replies
by mandhan » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:52 am
Hello,
I have this basic confusion about DS questions on GMAT. Please comment.

1) Is x = 3?

a) x = 1 OR x = 3
b) x = 2 OR x = 3
I think the answer should be E.

2) What is x?

a) x = 1 OR x = 3
b) x = 2 OR x = 3
I think the answer should be C.

What do you think?
Join the discussion
Source: — Quantitative Reasoning |

by Makushr1 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:05 am
mandhan wrote:Hello,
I have this basic confusion about DS questions on GMAT. Please comment.

1) Is x = 3?

a) x = 1 OR x = 3
b) x = 2 OR x = 3
I think the answer should be E.

2) What is x?

a) x = 1 OR x = 3
b) x = 2 OR x = 3
I think the answer should be C.

What do you think?

Shouldn't they both be C? Since a) says 1 or 3 and b) says 2 or 3, combining the two only yields one possible value.
Join the discussion

by mandhan » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:18 am
That is what I had thought until I came across this problem:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/m01-71305.html

Quoting from that thread:
"In data sufficiency with "is...?" questions we should arrive at either YES or NO. We cannot have both answers (ie) YES and NO from a single statement."

I came up with the above 2 questions to clear this concept.

Can experts throw some light please? The main doubt is with the first question. I think its E..
Join the discussion

by Tani » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:14 am
If there is only one answer that satisfies both statements then that is the correct answer.
Tani Wolff
Join the discussion

by hitech78 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:05 am
Another basic question on DS. I read that if it's not clearely mentioned we should check the answer by substituting -ve or 0. But when I do that in this question my answer is not matching Official answer.
Below questions is from OG12.

Q- If i and j are integers, is i+j an even number?
1. i<10
2. i=j
OA is B

My answer was E since if we substitute 0 for i, we can't tell if it is even or zero. It is definately not odd but it is not sufficient to decide if it is even. Please help. Am I doing it wrong by considering 0 in the example.
Join the discussion

by Tani » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:34 am
Zero is an even number. It is neither positive nor negative, but it is even.
Tani Wolff
Join the discussion

by hitech78 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:38 pm
Tani,
Thanks for your reply. That explains the answer.

I have read that zero is neither odd nor even and hence the confusion.
One more question.

is -3 odd ? or are negative numbers odd or even?
Join the discussion

by Arcane66 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:42 am
'-3' is negative and odd. Negative numbers can still be odd, even, an integer, etc.
Join the discussion