a club collected EXACTLY $599 from its members. IF each member contributed at least $12, what is the greatest number of members the club could have?
a. 43
b. 44
c. 49
d. 50
e. 51
a. 43
b. 44
c. 49
d. 50
e. 51
BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course
RedeemTarget Test Prep · GMAT
Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer
Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

with Logan Thompson
Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.
Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.
If we have 49 members. So, the total amount of money we have is just 588. The problem says that the club receives EXACTLY 599. So, I don't think 49 is a right answersrinivasarajui wrote:I also agree with thephoenix and JGaynor
So the final ans is C.49
What about 48 members contributing 12 and one contributing 23?bupbebeo wrote:If we have 49 members. So, the total amount of money we have is just 588. The problem says that the club receives EXACTLY 599. So, I don't think 49 is a right answersrinivasarajui wrote:I also agree with thephoenix and JGaynor
So the final ans is C.49
yeah but the q says they contribute at least $12 ......which means >12bupbebeo wrote:If we have 49 members. So, the total amount of money we have is just 588. The problem says that the club receives EXACTLY 599. So, I don't think 49 is a right answersrinivasarajui wrote:I also agree with thephoenix and JGaynor
So the final ans is C.49
Think about it this way;szy wrote:the question states that each member pays NO LESS THAN $12 and the club collects EXACTLY $599.
The answer 49 still doesn't make much sense to me. If there were 49 members in the club and each paid at least $12 then....
49x12 = 588 which gives us a remainder of $11 left which is less than $12
confused..
588 is 11 short of 599.rockeyb wrote: 12 x 49 = $588 . This amount is 21 short of $599
New here Create free account