BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Too old for PhD?

Let's talk about...whatever!
Expert replies
by KatieB » Mon May 17, 2010 7:25 am
Hi All -

I'm looking at getting a PhD, but I'm wondering if I'm too old. I will be in my early 50's at completion and feel I still have 15 years of work ahead of me until retirement.

I know this site is focused on the MBA degree - but does anyone have a feel for the job market at the university level?

Thanks!
Join the discussion
Source: — Lounge |

by beatthegmat » Mon May 17, 2010 11:11 am
I don't think it's ever too late to pursue more education or a career change! But what would be your goal after getting your PhD? Do you want to become a professor, work in industry? And is retirement a must at 65?

All the best,

Eric
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school
Join the discussion

by KatieB » Mon May 17, 2010 12:11 pm
My goal would be to get a job at a university or top/middle tier college. I love teaching, but look forward to research and publishing papers too. If I complete my PhD in four years, then I'll be 53 when I start looking for a tenure-track position. I figure that if I work until I'm 65 - 70 that would give the school that hires me 12 - 17 years of my research/teaching. Sounds like a fair trade-off to me, but not sure it the schools look at it this way.

Thanks!
Join the discussion

by beatthegmat » Mon May 17, 2010 12:17 pm
It might help to talk to a couple university departments to get their take on it. They may provide some better context on whether you'd be a good fit for their teaching/research positions.

Good luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school
Join the discussion

by KatieB » Mon May 17, 2010 3:35 pm
Eric -

Thanks for your respones and such a great website too! I do plan to call around to some schools and see what they say. I'll post what I find out, and also update the boards with whether I get into a PhD program too.
Join the discussion

by beatthegmat » Mon May 17, 2010 3:48 pm
Wonderful! Please keep us updated in your journey. And if you have any questions at all (prep or application related), don't hesitate to ask--our community is eager to help you.

All the best,

Eric
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school
Join the discussion