BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Factoring Problem

Expert replies
by student22 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:50 pm
I'm almost embarrassed to be posting this since I'm sure the solution is very easy, but for some reason I can't factor this:


I uploaded a screenshot to make it easier to understand. I solved it using picking numbers, but for some reason the factoring stumped me.

Image

OA:D
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by harshavardhanc » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:08 pm
student22 wrote:I'm almost embarrassed to be posting this since I'm sure the solution is very easy, but for some reason I can't factor this:


I uploaded a screenshot to make it easier to understand. I solved it using picking numbers, but for some reason the factoring stumped me.

Image

OA:D
-x+2 can be re-written as - 1*(x-2). Now take (x-2) common from the numerator and remove it from the picture! ;)
Regards,
Harsha
Join the discussion

by student22 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:22 pm
Awesome, thanks!

For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to rewrite that second part.
Join the discussion

by pops » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:42 pm
before trying anything one quick way to find the answer is putting x=1... if not all it will help eliminate most of the answers, then try x=0 or -1
in this case x=1 eliminate all except D :)
Join the discussion

by student22 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:46 am
Yep, that's what I did on this one. But I still had some time left on that question, so I tried to solve it algebraically.
Join the discussion