BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Prime numbers

Problem Solving — algebra and arithmetic (GMAT Focus Edition)
Expert replies
by aippingw » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:05 am
Hi guys !

I think I would need your help with prime numbers.

I'm studying with MGMAT. I think I got something wrong about Primes because I am a little bit confused. Here's my problem

135
Primes:3,3,3,5

225
Primes:3,3,5,5

135*125=30375
Primes:3,3,3,3,3,5,5,5 (Let me know if I am wrong but I don't think so)

BUT on MGMAT study guide, on Problem was
J is divisible by 10 and 12 so what is J divisible by:

10
Primes:5,2

12
Primes:3,2,2

So J
Primes 5,2,2,3 + other numbers

Here is the thing I don't understand. MGAMT says that it shouldn't be 5,2,2,2,3 + other numberes because there is one 2 that is redundant.

I got this but then, what is the rule? When do you know that primes can be redundant or not ?
I was thinking maybe because un the first case, where the primes is not redundant, it is because it is a multiplication but when it redundant it is because the problem says J is divisible by 10 "AND" 12.

A little help will be really appreciated! Thanks

Andrew
Join the discussion
Source: — Quantitative Reasoning |

by srinivasarajui » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:16 am
When it is said the a number is divisible by 10 and 12, It need not be 10*12*some thing else. It can just be the LCM. So they just calculated LCM.
For Example 60 is divisible by both 10 and 12, here 60 is also the LCM So they found the prime factors of the LCM.
Srinu
Join the discussion

by aippingw » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:06 am
So basically when a question contains pretty much "AND" I should be looking for the Primes in the Venn Graph (cf MGMAT Guide #1) I use for the GCF. Correct ?

Thx for the reply !
Join the discussion