BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

breakfast

Expert replies
by krbharat » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:22 am
I'm eating breakfast. There are 3 types of cereal, 2 types of eggs, and 5 different juices. If I don't have to eat anything and I can eat as many types of food as I want (but not 2 of the same type), how many different breakfasts can I make?
1)48
2)72
3)30
4)10
5)96
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by outreach » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:57 am
krbharat wrote:I'm eating breakfast. There are 3 types of cereal, 2 types of eggs, and 5 different juices. If I don't have to eat anything and I can eat as many types of food as I want (but not 2 of the same type), how many different breakfasts can I make?
1)48
2)72
3)30
4)10
5)96
is it 30. what is the OA
-------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
General blog
https://amarnaik.wordpress.com
MBA blog
https://amarrnaik.blocked/
Join the discussion

by krbharat » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:01 am
nope keep on posting...i will submit oa after some more posts
Join the discussion

by moliver » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:14 am
72?
3x5x2
3x2
3x5
2x5
2
5
3
1
Last edited by moliver on Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join the discussion

by analyst218 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:08 pm
krbharat wrote:I'm eating breakfast. There are 3 types of cereal, 2 types of eggs, and 5 different juices. If I don't have to eat anything and I can eat as many types of food as I want (but not 2 of the same type), how many different breakfasts can I make?
1)48
2)72
3)30
4)10
5)96
I think 72 too.
total 71 + 1 (which is the case of no breakfast)

OA please
Join the discussion

by sunchopper » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:01 pm
moliver wrote:72?
3x5x2
3x2
3x5
2x5
2
5
2
1
Why did you do 2, 5, 2, 1 at the end instead of 2, 5, 3, 1... you are doing 2 cereals instead of 3? I don't understand why.
Join the discussion

by moliver » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:06 pm
sunchopper wrote:
moliver wrote:72?
3x5x2
3x2
3x5
2x5
2
5
2
1
Why did you do 2, 5, 2, 1 at the end instead of 2, 5, 3, 1... you are doing 2 cereals instead of 3? I don't understand why.
Sunchopper you are right!
It is a typo, I will edit the my previous post
but if you do the sum it equal to 72
but I don't know if it is correct the answer
Join the discussion

by pops » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:42 pm
krbharat wrote:I'm eating breakfast. There are 3 types of cereal, 2 types of eggs, and 5 different juices. If I don't have to eat anything and I can eat as many types of food as I want (but not 2 of the same type), how many different breakfasts can I make?
1)48
2)72
3)30
4)10
5)96
Since it is mentioned that 'I dont have to eat anything' hence option of not eating anything is also valid..
so number of ways a cereal can be selected=3+1 (either cereal A, B, C or none)
similarly number of ways egg can be selected=2+1
Juice = 5+1
hence, different breakfast combination = No. of possibilities for cereals * egg * juice = 4 * 3 * 6 = 72

now other variants to same problem:
if the question was that at least you have to eat something..
then solution would have been = 4 * 3 * 6 - 1 (case when u are not taking cereal AND egg AND Juice) = 71

other variant: if you have to include one of each type compulsorily:
so number of ways a cereal can be selected=3 (either cereal A, B or C)
similarly number of ways egg can be selected=2
Juice = 5
hence, different breakfast combination = No. of possibilities for cereals * egg * juice = 3*2*5= 30
and that is the reason that 30 is an option choice for this question (to confuse :))
Join the discussion