BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Pretty Pink Bonnet

Expert replies
by ajith » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:18 am
My brother, Chris, is a little simple. I recently asked him to buy me some ribbon for my daughter's pretty bonnet. He went to the haberdashery shop for the required length but accidentally interchanged the feet and inches. When I measured the resulting ribbon I only had 5/8 of the length I required. How much ribbon did I originally ask for?

a) 66 inches

b) 77 inches

c) 88 inches

d) 176 inches

e) 55 inches

[spoiler]OA :C[/spoiler]
Last edited by ajith on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always borrow money from a pessimist, he doesn't expect to be paid back.
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by harsh.champ » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:20 am
ajith wrote:My brother, Chris, is a little simple. I recently asked him to buy me some ribbon for my daughter's pretty bonnet. He went to the haberdashery shop for the required length but accidentally interchanged the feet and inches. When I measured the resulting ribbon I only had 5/8 of the length I required. How much ribbon did I originally ask for?

a) 66 inches = 5ft 6inches

b) 77 inches = 6feet 5 inches

c) 88 inches = 7feet 4inches

d) 176 inches = 14feet 8inches

e) 55 inches
= 4feet 7inches

Woah!A question posted by ajith.Now this is rare to find. :lol:
Let me give a try if I can solve it .
Let it be a feet and b inches
Total = 12 x a + b
=12a + b
Now Chris bought 12b + a

12b + a = 5/8(12a + b)
52a = 91b
So a = 91/52 b =7/4b
or 4a =7b
or 4 x (no. of feet) = 7(no. of inches)

Checking the option choices,I find C.

The trap is b/w C and E i suppose.
It takes time and effort to explain, so if my comment helped you please press Thanks button :)



Just because something is hard doesn't mean you shouldn't try,it means you should just try harder.

"Keep Walking" - Johnny Walker :P
Join the discussion

by kstv » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:08 am
IMO C.
But the method I use was not elegant.
Ribbon I ordered is 12x + y, but got 12y + x
12x+y/12y+x = 5/8
using componendo / divinendo

11(x-y)/13(x+y) = 3/13
11(x-y) = 3(x+y)

so x-y = 3 and x+y = 11

It is easier to compare the answers.
Last edited by kstv on Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Join the discussion

by anki_jain » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:30 am
original lenth would be 8/5x.

check with options:

8/5x=88 => x=55
i.e. 33 short or 3/8 short from original length. IMO C
Join the discussion

by kstv » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:08 am
sorry I have been chastened by ajith for not rechecking.
I edited my post.
Join the discussion