BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

necklace

Expert replies
by shashank.ism » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:59 pm
There are "n" necklaces in a safe box (n > 1). Every necklace has the same number of diamonds. Each necklace has at least 2 diamonds. The total number of diamonds in these "n" necklaces is between 500 and 600. If this data is sufficient to find the value of n, then what can be the value of "n"?


22
23
27
29
None of these
My Websites:
www.mba.webmaggu.com - India's social Network for MBA Aspirants

www.deal.webmaggu.com -India's online discount, coupon, free stuff informer.

www.dictionary.webmaggu.com - A compact free online dictionary with images.

Nothing is Impossible, even Impossible says I'm possible.
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by anki_jain » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:53 am
k= number of diamonds.

n*k should be between 500 and 600 for only one option.

A). 22*25= 550
B). 23*25= 575

data not sufficient.
Join the discussion

by vscid » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:55 pm
anki_jain wrote:k= number of diamonds.

n*k should be between 500 and 600 for only one option.

A). 22*25= 550
B). 23*25= 575

data not sufficient.
yeah!
The GMAT is indeed adaptable. Whenever I answer RC, it proficiently 'adapts' itself to mark my 'right' answer 'wrong'.
Join the discussion

by harsh.champ » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:37 am
anki_jain wrote:k= number of diamonds.

n*k should be between 500 and 600 for only one option.

A). 22*25= 550
B). 23*25= 575

data not sufficient.
Hey anki_jain,
I wanted to ask why u have chosen 25 in both A and B.Can you highlight ur approach??

Also shashank,I think there is some typo error because the way the question is framed I think the option choices have to be among the 5 given only.

Is it the sum of 1^2 + 2^2 +3^2+......+n^2
Then we have to use the formula n(n+1)(2n+1)/6 which would be greater then 500 and less than 600.
It takes time and effort to explain, so if my comment helped you please press Thanks button :)



Just because something is hard doesn't mean you shouldn't try,it means you should just try harder.

"Keep Walking" - Johnny Walker :P
Join the discussion

by ajith » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:41 am
harsh.champ wrote:
anki_jain wrote:
Is it the sum of 1^2 + 2^2 +3^2+......+n^2
Then we have to use the formula n(n+1)(2n+1)/6 which would be greater then 500 and less than 600.
How, I may ask?

I think data is not sufficient
Always borrow money from a pessimist, he doesn't expect to be paid back.
Join the discussion

by harsh.champ » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:56 am
ajith wrote:
harsh.champ wrote:
anki_jain wrote:
Is it the sum of 1^2 + 2^2 +3^2+......+n^2
Then we have to use the formula n(n+1)(2n+1)/6 which would be greater then 500 and less than 600.
How, I may ask?

I think data is not sufficient
Well ajith,
I thought like this.
Every necklace has the same number of diamonds.
I am not sure but maybe it could mean that 2 necklace have 2 diamonds,3 necklaces have 3 diamonds and so on.
and 2+3+4+... = n
and this way we could have solved it.

Well,the framing of the ques. is a bit tricky and i guess maybe this is what the question-setter has meant to imply??

Well,I don't know and thats why I wanted people's opinion on it.
What do you think??Is my thought process wrong??
It takes time and effort to explain, so if my comment helped you please press Thanks button :)



Just because something is hard doesn't mean you shouldn't try,it means you should just try harder.

"Keep Walking" - Johnny Walker :P
Join the discussion

by ajith » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:20 am
harsh.champ wrote: Every necklace has the same number of diamonds.
I am not sure but maybe it could mean that 2 necklace have 2 diamonds,3 necklaces have 3 diamonds and so on.
and 2+3+4+... = n
and this way we could have solved it.
If I have 20 necklaces and each have 17 diamonds - I would say "Every necklace has the same number of diamonds"

The way you interpreted it is bizarre even though that may be what the question maker intended.
Always borrow money from a pessimist, he doesn't expect to be paid back.
Join the discussion