BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Inequalities problem from OG 11

Expert replies
Source: — Data Sufficiency |

by tanviet » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:15 am
if x<0, x/x/=x.(-x)= -x^2

-x^2<2x

0<2x+x^2

0<x(2+x)

if -2<x<0, the right <0, if x<-2, the right >0, not sufficient

x=-10, sufficient

answer is B
Join the discussion

by Osirus@VeritasPrep » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:16 am
Yeah, that's what I got as well, but the Official Guide says the answer is D. I don't get how A is sufficient, unless there is a typo.
Join the discussion

by sreak1089 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:22 am
I too got B. What is the question number in OG 11?
osirus0830 wrote:Yeah, that's what I got as well, but the Official Guide says the answer is D. I don't get how A is sufficient, unless there is a typo.
Join the discussion

by Osirus@VeritasPrep » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:23 am
sreak1089 wrote:I too got B. What is the question number in OG 11?
osirus0830 wrote:Yeah, that's what I got as well, but the Official Guide says the answer is D. I don't get how A is sufficient, unless there is a typo.
128 in the DS section.

The answer explanation talks about raising x to a power, which leads me to believe there is a typo in the prompt.
Join the discussion

by sreak1089 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:31 am
In my book, it is 2^x, so it must have been a typo in your book. If it is 2^x, then sure it makes sense coz, x * |x| is -ve when x is -ve or equal to -10 and 2^x is always positive.
Join the discussion

by Osirus@VeritasPrep » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:32 am
sreak1089 wrote:In my book, it is 2^x, so it must have been a typo in your book. If it is 2^x, then sure it makes sense coz, x * |x| is -ve when x is -ve or equal to -10 and 2^x is always positive.
Ah, ok, thanks a lot. I thought I was crazy for a minute and with the test in 3 days I was getting nervous...lol
Join the discussion

by sreak1089 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:40 am
No need to worry, you have got it covered :)
osirus0830 wrote:
sreak1089 wrote:In my book, it is 2^x, so it must have been a typo in your book. If it is 2^x, then sure it makes sense coz, x * |x| is -ve when x is -ve or equal to -10 and 2^x is always positive.
Ah, ok, thanks a lot. I thought I was crazy for a minute and with the test in 3 days I was getting nervous...lol
Join the discussion