BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

formula for income taxes

Expert replies
by nailyad » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:55 pm
Before being simplified, the instructions for computing income tax on country R were to add 2% of one's annual income to the average of 100 units of country R's currency and 1% of one's annual income. Which of the following represents the formula for computing the income tax, in country R's currency, for the person in that country whose annual income is I.

1. 50+I/200

2.50+3I/100

3. 50+ I/40

4. 100+I/50

5. 100+ 3I/100
Join the discussion
Source: — Data Sufficiency |

by Stuart@KaplanGMAT » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:40 pm
nailyad wrote:Before being simplified, the instructions for computing income tax on country R were to add 2% of one's annual income to the average of 100 units of country R's currency and 1% of one's annual income. Which of the following represents the formula for computing the income tax, in country R's currency, for the person in that country whose annual income is I.
Because the answer choices have fractions, let's use fractions instead of %s in our calculations.

So, the first part of your tax is:

(2/100)I or I/50

The second part of your tax is the average of 100 and (1/100)I.

Average = sum of terms / # of terms

Average = (100 + I/100)/2 = 100/2 + I/200 = 50 + I/200

Adding the two parts together:

I/50 + 50 + I/200

= 50 + 4I/200 + I/200

= 50 + 5I/200

= 50 + I/40... choose (3).

* * *

As an aside, please post questions in the correct forum!
Image

Stuart Kovinsky | Kaplan GMAT Faculty | Toronto

Kaplan Exclusive: The Official Test Day Experience | Ready to Take a Free Practice Test? | Kaplan/Beat the GMAT Member Discount
BTG100 for $100 off a full course
Join the discussion