BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Help! non profit applicant

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by sungirl » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:01 pm
Hi,

I wanted to know what are my chances of getting into a top business school. Right now I would like to go to harvard, columbia, northwestern, ucla, usc, duke, berekely or stanford. I know that these all have stiff competition. I have three years of experience working as a manager in fundraising for a non profit. I started as an unpaid intern after college and have worked my way up to a manager, responsible for raising $900,000 per year. I have great recommendations from the chairman of the board and donors that I worked closely with. I graduated from UCSD as an econ major with a 3.1 and did significant volunteer work during college for my charity. Ideally, I would like to get an MBA to advance in the non profit field and make significant changes. I was planning on applying in second round this year, but I did not get a high enough gmat score (570, 32Q, 35V). I think I will probably retest and wait till 2010 to apply to schools.
What do you think would be a minimum gmat score that i could get in order to get into one of these schools?
Is there anything I can do before i apply in 2010 to strenghten my application? Should I volunteer for a similar non profit internationally?
Would it hurt my chances if I changed jobs in the next year?

Thank you for your input and advice!
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by Linda Abraham » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:04 pm
sungirl wrote:Hi,

I wanted to know what are my chances of getting into a top business school. Right now I would like to go to harvard, columbia, northwestern, ucla, usc, duke, berekely or stanford. I know that these all have stiff competition. I have three years of experience working as a manager in fundraising for a non profit. I started as an unpaid intern after college and have worked my way up to a manager, responsible for raising $900,000 per year. I have great recommendations from the chairman of the board and donors that I worked closely with. I graduated from UCSD as an econ major with a 3.1 and did significant volunteer work during college for my charity. Ideally, I would like to get an MBA to advance in the non profit field and make significant changes. I was planning on applying in second round this year, but I did not get a high enough gmat score (570, 32Q, 35V). I think I will probably retest and wait till 2010 to apply to schools.
What do you think would be a minimum gmat score that i could get in order to get into one of these schools?
Is there anything I can do before i apply in 2010 to strenghten my application? Should I volunteer for a similar non profit internationally?
Would it hurt my chances if I changed jobs in the next year?

Thank you for your input and advice!
I think waiting a year a retesting is wise give your target schools and your GMAT score. . To answer your questions:

1) Aim for the highest score you can get. However to apply to these programs, barring URM status, you really need to have a 650 or more. Preferably 680 for the more demanding of them.
2) Yes, take graded, business-related courses and earn A's in them. Take accounting, econ, statistics for business, calc if you haven't had it and do have the pre-requisites for it. (Don't skip prerequisites or take classes you can't do well in. You are better off retaking a class to strengthen your quant foundation that floundering in a class that is above your head because you haven't done math in years. Then take the harder class after you have earned an A in the pre-req.)
3) Certainly international exposure would strengthen you profile, but that is frosting on the cake. First get the cake, and that is your academic qualifications best demonstrated through GMAT and grades. Show that you can do the math.

You may want to look at our GMAT articles or Best Practices for MBA Admissions, a webinar recording.

Best,
Linda
Linda Abraham
Accepted.com -- Helping You Write Your Best!
310.815.9553
Accepted Blog
Accepted on Twitter
Accepted on Facebook
Join the discussion