BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Round 3 Admissions

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by doggdetroit » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:36 pm
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could comment on the differences among the various application rounds? I know there is much debate between rounds 1 and 2, with each round having its own set of pros and cons, and that generally you want to avoid round 3. I also know that the deadlines for scholarships are during round 2, but that does not really concern me.

In my case, I'm slightly behind the 8 ball if you will. I just took the GMAT for the first time on Monday, scoring a 640. My goal is 700 or at least 680-690. With my profile, I believe a score in this range would give me a good shot at the schools I'm looking at. Initially, I was aiming for round 2, which is coming up in January. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to retake the GMAT until early January. (I'm taking an accounting course right now that is occupying a fair amount of time, so I want to wait until it finishes before I dive back into the GMAT preparation.) So now I'm looking at round 3 which is in March.

The question is, is it worth it to apply during round 3? With my profile, I am not going to be a slam dunk applicant, so I'm trying to maximize the potential of getting accepted. Would it be smarter to just wait for next year's round 1? I was planning on attending business school in the fall of 2010, so it would really kill me to have to wait around until 2011, but if my chance for admission is greater, then I can wait.

To get an idea of the schools that I'm looking at, here are my top 5 choices:

Michigan
London Business School
USC
Duke
Georgetown

Any thoughts?
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by THuebner » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:03 pm
Well, Round 3 generally is the kiss of death, often for even the most qualified of applicants. Tough to say where you fall on that spectrum, since you didn't say much about your work experience or other elements of your background. That makes it impossible to say how you'd fare as a Round 3 applicant, especially since I don't know how your other metrics fall relative to your somewhat low GMAT score.

One suggestion for you would be to split the difference, i.e. apply to a couple of the schools you're interested and see what happens. So, for example, you could apply to USC and Georgetown, a couple of the lower ranked schools on your list.

Otherwise, it is true that to maximize your chances, you should avoid the third round.

best,
Tasha
Tasha Huebner
B-School Essays, Inc.
www.bschoolessays.com
[email protected]
773 477 3843 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              773 477 3843      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Join the discussion