BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Really difficult one i cant figure out

Expert replies
by jlaipple » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:16 pm
If n and y are positive integers and 450y=n^3, which of the following must be an integer

I Y/(3 * 2^2 * 5)
II Y/(3^2 * 2 * 5)
III Y/(3 * 2 * 5^2)

A None
B I only
C II only
D III only
E I, II, and III


I can't for the life of me figure this one out... It's from the official practice test.... I'll post the OE when someone shows how to solve it correctl.y
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by Stuart@KaplanGMAT » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:40 pm
jlaipple wrote:If n and y are positive integers and 450y=n^3, which of the following must be an integer

I Y/(3 * 2^2 * 5)
II Y/(3^2 * 2 * 5)
III Y/(3 * 2 * 5^2)

A None
B I only
C II only
D III only
E I, II, and III


I can't for the life of me figure this one out... It's from the official practice test.... I'll post the OE when someone shows how to solve it correctl.y
We're told that 450y is a perfect cube.

Just as perfect squares are comprised of pairs of prime factors, perfect cubes are comprised of trios of prime factors. Let's begin by prime factoring 450.

450 = 9 * 50 = 3*3*5*10 = 3*3*5*5*2

So, to create a perfect cube, we need to add one 3, one 5 and two 2s. Therefore, the minimum possible value for y is:

2^2 * 3 * 5

All of the roman numerals occur with equal frequency, so let's start at the top:

I Y/(3 * 2^2 * 5)

An exact match for our prediction! Since y must contain 2^2 * 3 * 5, I will always be an integer.

Eliminate A, C and D. We can test either II or III to determine the final answer.

II Y/(3^2 * 2 * 5)

While Y must have one factor of 3, Y does not need to be a multiple of 3^2. Therefore, II doesn't have to be an integer.

Eliminate E. Only B is left, no need to test III.
Image

Stuart Kovinsky | Kaplan GMAT Faculty | Toronto

Kaplan Exclusive: The Official Test Day Experience | Ready to Take a Free Practice Test? | Kaplan/Beat the GMAT Member Discount
BTG100 for $100 off a full course
Join the discussion

by jlaipple » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:46 pm
Thanks for the quick thorough response... I wasn't aware of the little tidbit that 2 pairs of prime numbers are perfect squares and multiple sets are perfect cubes. That is good info to have. Still not sure if I could have gotten this one in under the 2 minutes knowing that. Thanks though! You were exactly correct with your answer.
Join the discussion