BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

What do you think? (profile evaluation)

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by adilka » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:03 am
I am interested in applying to H/S/W, plus Chicago and maybe 1-2 others (what would you suggest?)

Info:
Male
27 y.o. at matriculation
GPA ~3.3
GMAT: 730 (Q45-75%, V46-99%)
Education:
- Bachelor of Business Administration, 2004 from top Canadian univ.
- Graduated at the age of 21.
Work:
- Finance at blue chip multinational computer technology and IT consulting corporation after undergrad. Almost 5 years with the company now, will be 5.5 on matriculation. Good progression within the company, held 3 jobs.
2 most recent roles are in a combined finance/sales type role, so my hope is to position myself as a sales, rather than finance.

I have my CFA. Problem - it doesn't fit the picture... I'm not in investment industry, nor do I want to be stacked by the school against those guys. So problem is how I fit CFA into my profile. Should I leave it off?
CFA plays into my GMAT, because I didn't do well on math, so I hope CFA can make up for that if I manage to slide it into my story. Thoughts?
After MBA I want to get into M&A or private equity but so far have zero relevant work experience.

Finally, I moved to Canada for school from Kazakhstan when I was 17, stayed to work after school. My goal is to go back to Kazakhstan in the long term (with / after my MBA).
I know HBS now has only 2 kids from Kazakhstan, and had only 1 last year. Should I see this as an advantage?

E/C and achievements:
- Study exchange program to England.
- Founder and President a Cultural Society
- United Nations Association - Deputy General Secretar
- On the board of a couple of other school business clubs 2003-2004
- Couple of merit-based scholarships at school

Sorry, it turned out long. But I would love your opinion on my profile.
Thank you!
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

Re: What do you think? (profile evaluation)

by Brett N » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:53 pm
A couple of things -

1. You come from a competitive IT background, so that's one barrier you're going to want to overcome
2. Sales will niche yourself a bit and help get you differentiate from other applicants from the IT background. I'd definitely add the information about your CFA, esp. if you didn't do well in your GMAT math. I'd have to know more about your story to recommend how to slide it in but you might consider writing about it in your optional essay - an essay that highlights your analytical background/work to overcome the low GMAT math.

I would definitely see your background as a strength - and everything else about yourself. Great extra curricular activities by the way.

Does that help? How are you applications coming along?
If you have any questions that long :), please feel free to email me directly.
Please free to contact me at [email protected] or through our
profile evaluation form.

Ivy App Success
Join the discussion

by Sophia007 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:52 am
"Finance at blue chip multinational computer technology and IT consulting corporation after undergrad. Almost 5 years with the company now, will be 5.5 on matriculation. Good progression within the company, held 3 jobs.
2 most recent roles are in a combined finance/sales type role, so my hope is to position myself as a sales, rather than finance. "
You can always say that you took CFA to get more familiar with the Finance Industry. Try to focus on your "Broad" experience rather than "IT SME" .

Think along the terms of why do you need an MBA. You've not stated that anywhere. HBS is known for its General Mgt while Wharton is known more for its finance program. Think in terms of "Why" rather than simply applying to brand name schools.

Additionally, since US economy took a hit - I'd highly recommend that you also apply to 2 safety schools unless you don't mind waiting another year just to get an MBA from H/W/S (in case you get rejected from all three- I don't see your back up plan here).

Good Luck!
Sophia
Sophia Pathak| Admissions Consultant |

If my post was helpful, let me know by pushing the thanks button.:) Please free to directly email me at [email protected]. ANY questions are welcome! check out what others have to say about their experience with me https://mymbamentor.com/?page_id=31
Join the discussion