BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Should I re-think my application choices?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by jk11 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:50 am
I applied to HBS and Stanford in round 1, and was planning on applying to Wharton, Sloan, Berkeley, and INSEAD in round 2. However, as neither HBS nor Stanford has granted me an interview, I'm wondering if I should perhaps re-think my choices.

My profile:

GPA: 3.8 at top liberal arts school, summa cum laude, phi beta kappa

GMAT: 760, 48Q 47V, 6.0 writing score

Experience: 2 years as consultant at McKinsey & Co., 1.5 years with a small, socially-focused, pan-African private equity fund based in Johannesburg, South Africa.

I'm had thought I had a pretty good application, but I have not heard back from either school. Am I overestimating my credentials? Should I begin to consider schools that are a bit easier to get into in the later rounds?

Thanks!

J
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by Paxton Helms - Kaplan » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:36 am
Hi and thanks for your note. I would say that you have sterling credentials so I don't think that is your issue w/ not getting interviews.

A more plausible explanation is that there was something structural in your application that resulted in your not getting an interview.

A few possibilities come to mind:

- Internal consistency. Were you saying one thing in Essay One but another in Essay Two? This can often be subtle: talking about why you want to do one thing in on essay and then shifting that focus slightly in another. Often it takes an external view point to point this out.

- Focusing on the wrong things: I recently had a client who was rightly proud of a very significant accomplishment and he kept insisting that it belonged in his MBA application. The problem was that it just didn't belong and he couldn't see it. So...he kept talking about it, kept referring back to it, and it great damage to what was otherwise a very strong application. It is so easy to be blind to flaws and in things that we have worked very hard on like application essays.

- It is possible (though unlikely) that you had a bad recommender.

- It is possible that you just had some bad luck or that the interview invite was delayed.
Keep me in the loop about your thinking and let me know if you have any more questions.

Paxton



Paxton Helms is an MBA admissions consultant for Kaplan Admissions Consulting. He earned his MBA from UCLA and specializes in helping clients that are applying to top twenty and "reach" programs. He can be reached directly at [email protected].

To begin working with Paxton immediately, follow this link and request him specifically: https://www.kaptest.com/GMAT/Admissions- ... lting.html
Join the discussion