BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Rec letter and laid off.

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by ketnet1 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:02 am
Hi,

If I just got laid off today, when is the best time to ask the manager for a recommendation letter and in what way of asking? Should I ask 2-3 weeks from today or wait a little longer?

For example, since i'm not sure if I will get a gmat score that meets the school's 80% range, I am not sure which schools I will apply to. In this case, should I have the recommender write a generic letter and keep it on hand or should I just verbally ask the recommender? ie. "In case I don't find a job and I might be considering applying to schools in the coming months (5-6 months from now), would you be able to write the recommendation letter for me?"

Once I get verbal confirmation- then it is safe to say that the manager will write it? And when I am ready to apply, I will just have the manager actually write the letter.

In summary:
1) Verbal confirmation from manager
2) Ask few months down the line when ready to apply.

Thank you!
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by Paxton Helms - Kaplan » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:27 pm
Hi and thanks for your question. This is certainly a delicate topic and you are right to be thinking about it carefully.

Here's how I would approach it (bearing in mind that I don't see it as an either/or)...

- Mention to your manager that you have enjoyed working for him or her and that, as the fall goes on, that you might be approaching them for a rec. Don't ask...just state, "I may be approaching you for a recommendation" and leave it at that. They will probably give you some kind of response which you, in turn, can use to...

- ...Approach them when the time is right. If you get a push-back-y vibe ("Uh...okay...that's an interesting thought...uh huh...yes...") then maybe you need to find somebody else but you will have found out in a low key way.

Let me know how you end up approaching this and what the response is.

Paxton
Join the discussion