BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Profile Evaluation

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by mpt78 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:04 am
31 yr old White Male
730 GMAT
2.7 Undergrad GPA in English Lit. from Hampden Sydney College
Currently I'm an Options Risk Analyst for an Options Volatility Arbitrage Hedge Fund
Former Options Trader on the floor of the Chicago Board of Trade

My undergrad GPA was largely influenced by my alcoholism and drug abuse(heroin, methamphetamine)during college. After graduating my parents kicked me out of the house becuase of my substance abuse problems, I was literally homeless for nearly a year. At the age of 24 I went into a rehab program and have been clean ever since. I assume I need to mention this in my optional resume. As far as my career path goes- how an english major becomes a derivatives risk analyst: I started clerking on the trading floor of the CBOT after leaving rehab, became a market maker (trader) after 1.5 years clerking, and I have spent the past 3.5 years as a trading risk analyst/hedge trader for a hedge fund with 200 million in Assets under management.
What are my chances at Chicago, Wharton, and MIT?
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by Brett N » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:30 pm
Well you certainly have a unique story to bring to your essays and the low GPA will not effect you as much since you've been out of school for awhile.

I would say you have a shot at the top schools, such as Booth, but this is mostly opinion and not based on what I've seen with others, since your background is so unique, does that make sense?

There are other variables that play a part (obviously), such as your desire to get an MBA and how well you tell this unique story. I'd say, and I usually do, the best way to really know is to apply. Does that help?
Please free to contact me at [email protected] or through our
profile evaluation form.

Ivy App Success
Join the discussion

by Sophia007 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:17 pm
mpt78:

Not sure what happend to my previous message - so I'll write it again.

Your admission depends upon various factors - including the type of work experience, diversity factor, number of yrs you've worked. etc.

We all have ups and downs in life. However, what defines you as a person is that you are past that stage and you stand as an inpiration for others now who look up to you for guidance. Do not let one incident in the past bother you, spin your story around and give it a positive twist!

Feel free to directly email if me you have further questions.
Sophia Pathak| Admissions Consultant |

If my post was helpful, let me know by pushing the thanks button.:) Please free to directly email me at [email protected]. ANY questions are welcome! check out what others have to say about their experience with me https://mymbamentor.com/?page_id=31
Join the discussion