BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Should I Address GPA in Failure Essay?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by homeyg » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:17 pm
I feel like I have a pretty well-rounded story about my GPA to address in the failure essay. In high school, I graduated top 10 of my class, 4.5 GPA, 1500 SAT, varsity hockey team & tennis team, Eagle Scout, etc. I was accepted to the Scholar's program at Carnegie Mellon. DUe to financial troubles in my family, I then transferred to penn state. At penn state, I sort of lost myself and did a little bit too much partying, etc. As a result, my grades suffered and I graduated with a GPA of 3.1.

I think that I can craft a pretty good essay from this talking about how I matured from the experience, and then demonstrate how I matured with my accomplishments in my career.

Do you think this is a good way to approach my failure essay? Or will the Adcom just roll their eyes at another GPA story?
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:55 am
If you can effectively communicate why your low GPA was a failure for you and what you learned from the experience, then it is an appropriate topic for the essay. Be sure to note your "lessons learned" and why you will not make the same mistakes again.
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options
Join the discussion

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:58 am
The adcoms are used to the GPA stories, so don't worry about that angle. Keep those details in and your story will stand out because it's yours--unique to you because of the details. While a 3.1 is nothing to really apologize for, because you can work in a story around being an Eagle scout and 1500 SAT, etc plus how you have matured etc. as you mention, I think it's worth it to contribute a thoughtful, CONCISE optional essay on your GPA.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant


Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options
Join the discussion

by homeyg » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:13 am
bryantmichaels wrote:The adcoms are used to the GPA stories, so don't worry about that angle. Keep those details in and your story will stand out because it's yours--unique to you because of the details. While a 3.1 is nothing to really apologize for, because you can work in a story around being an Eagle scout and 1500 SAT, etc plus how you have matured etc. as you mention, I think it's worth it to contribute a thoughtful, CONCISE optional essay on your GPA.
What are your thoughts on using this story for a failure essay as opposed to an optional essay? Thanks again.
Join the discussion

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:37 pm
yes also a good topic for a failure essay if that is an option.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant


Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options
Join the discussion