BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

GMATPrep Help

Expert replies
by mpaudena » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:23 pm
(1001^2 - 999^2)/(101^2 - 99^2) =

also

What is the greatest prime factor of 4^17 - 2^28?

also

A certain restaurant offers 6 kinds of cheese and 2 kinds of fruit for its dessert platter. If each dessert platter contains an equal number of kinds of cheese and kinds of fruit, how many different dessert platters could the restaurant offer?


Please tell me how to get this. Thanks in advance.
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by sanjana » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:44 pm
1)
Write
1001 as 1000+1
999 as 1000-1
101 as 100+1
99 as 100-1
and then use a^2-B^2 = a+b * a-b

2)Write 4^17 as 2^34 and then the expression becomes

2^28(2^6-1)

2^18 * 63
=2^18 * 3 * 3 * 7

Hence 7 as it is the largest of 2,3,7.

3)

Either 1Kind of cheese and 1 kind of fruit OR
2 kinds of cheese and 2 kind of Fruit.

i.e : 6c1*2c1 + 6c2*2c2
=12+15=37 kinds of platters

Whats the OA for 3)?
Join the discussion

by mpaudena » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:22 pm
sanjana wrote:1)
Write
1001 as 1000+1
999 as 1000-1
101 as 100+1
99 as 100-1
and then use a^2-B^2 = a+b * a-b

2)Write 4^17 as 2^34 and then the expression becomes

2^28(2^6-1)

2^18 * 63
=2^18 * 3 * 3 * 7

Hence 7 as it is the largest of 2,3,7.

3)

Either 1Kind of cheese and 1 kind of fruit OR
2 kinds of cheese and 2 kind of Fruit.

i.e : 6c1*2c1 + 6c2*2c2
=12+15=37 kinds of platters

Whats the OA for 3)?
OA for 3) is 27. So I guess there is a math error that you are probably making or maybe the software is wrong. Either way I'm not getting your abbreviations or explanations. Can you please break down both 1 and 3 a little more?

What is 6c1*2c1 and 6c2*2c2?

For 1, after doing the a^2 - b^2 I still don't see how you can reduce the fraction to 10. They are completely different numbers. Can you break that down for me a little more. Thanks.
Join the discussion

by mpaudena » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:08 am
sanjana wrote:1)
Write
1001 as 1000+1
999 as 1000-1
101 as 100+1
99 as 100-1
and then use a^2-B^2 = a+b * a-b

2)Write 4^17 as 2^34 and then the expression becomes

2^28(2^6-1)

2^18 * 63
=2^18 * 3 * 3 * 7

Hence 7 as it is the largest of 2,3,7.

3)

Either 1Kind of cheese and 1 kind of fruit OR
2 kinds of cheese and 2 kind of Fruit.

i.e : 6c1*2c1 + 6c2*2c2
=12+15=37 kinds of platters

Whats the OA for 3)?
OA for 3) is 27. So I guess there is a math error that you are probably making or maybe the software is wrong. Either way I'm not getting your abbreviations or explanations. Can you please break down both 1 and 3 a little more?

What is 6c1*2c1 and 6c2*2c2?

For 1, after doing the a^2 - b^2 I still don't see how you can reduce the fraction to 10. They are completely different numbers. Can you break that down for me a little more. Thanks.
Join the discussion

by sanjana » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:30 am
oh well!
15+12 is 27 not 37! GMAT prep is never wrong. :wink:

When u use a^2 - b^2 u will get

(1000+1+1000-1)(1000+1-1000+1)
------------------------------
(100+1+100-1)(100+1-100+1)

=2000*2
------
200*2

=10
Join the discussion

by mpaudena » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:48 am
sanjana wrote:oh well!
15+12 is 27 not 37! GMAT prep is never wrong. :wink:

When u use a^2 - b^2 u will get

(1000+1+1000-1)(1000+1-1000+1)
------------------------------
(100+1+100-1)(100+1-100+1)

=2000*2
------
200*2

=10
Sanja, I do appreciate your help. I'm wondering how I can get my mind to start seeing these things....

Can you tell me about number 3. I don't understand the abbreviations of 6c1*2c1. Of equal importance what I'm getting from this is that you are saying 6*2 for this abbreviation. I don't get how you got 15 for the second abbreviation (6c2*2c2). Thanks.
Join the discussion

by JeffB » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:35 am
mpaudena wrote:
sanjana wrote:oh well!
15+12 is 27 not 37! GMAT prep is never wrong. :wink:

When u use a^2 - b^2 u will get

(1000+1+1000-1)(1000+1-1000+1)
------------------------------
(100+1+100-1)(100+1-100+1)

=2000*2
------
200*2

=10
Sanja, I do appreciate your help. I'm wondering how I can get my mind to start seeing these things....

Can you tell me about number 3. I don't understand the abbreviations of 6c1*2c1. Of equal importance what I'm getting from this is that you are saying 6*2 for this abbreviation. I don't get how you got 15 for the second abbreviation (6c2*2c2). Thanks.
6C1 * 2C1

6C1 = 6!/5!1!
2C1 = 2!/1!

I like using Anagrams to help visualize it better

For 6C1 - you're picking one of 6 pieces

CNNNNN

So you have 6! total (6X5X4X3X2X1)
Divided by 5!(same Ns) & 1!(the one C)

6C2

CCNNNN = 6!/4!2! = 6X5/2 = 15

2C2 = 2!/2! = 1

Hope that's not too confusing.
Join the discussion