BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

GMATPrep PS Question with Table

Expert replies
by mpaudena » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:41 pm
Okay, there is a table and the info is as such:

Amount earned per day: $96 -- $84 -- $80 -- $70 -- $48
Number of days: 4 -- 7 -- 4 -- 3 -- 2

A student worked for 20 days. For each of the amounts shown in the first row of the table, the second row gives the number of days that the student earned that amount. What is the median amount of money that the student earned per day for the 20 days?

A) 96

B) 84

C) 80

D) 70

E) 48

Thanks in advance.
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by hitmewithgmat » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:55 pm
It takes less than ten seconds to solve this problem only if you know the concept of "median". So don't worry about it when you come across this type of question afterwards.

What is the median of 20days? Yes, 10 days.
So, find the 10 days that falls on the range.
That is second one, 7(because 4 plus 7 is 11 and 10 is right here!) So, the answer is $84. B.
Disclaimer-I am not a GMAT savvy yet, but I am learning everyday with my fellow beatthegmat citizens.

I AM DETERMINED TO CRASH/NIX OUT/ATTACK BRUTALLY/CRACK VERBAL PART OF GMAT. ROAR!
Join the discussion

by mpaudena » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:03 pm
hitmewithgmat wrote:It takes less than ten seconds to solve this problem only if you know the concept of "median". So don't worry about it when you come across this type of question afterwards.

What is the median of 20days? Yes, 10 days.
So, find the 10 days that falls on the range.
That is second one, 7(because 4 plus 7 is 11 and 10 is right here!) So, the answer is $84. B.
Okay but why are we starting in that sequence? I figured that I would start from the number of days with the lowest number and then go up. Then when I got to the 10th day I would pick the amount of money that it fell on.

I.e., 2 days - $48 plus 3 days for $70 plus 4 days for $80 that is a total of 9 days. The next lowest number of days is 4 days for $96 so the 10th day will have an amount of $96 is we start the sequence using smallest to largest number of days. It seems that you assumed that we should just use the numbers as they appear from left to right on the screen. I don't see why the test makers should think that we all will make that assumption.
Join the discussion

by ssuarezo » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:37 pm
mpaudena wrote:
hitmewithgmat wrote:It takes less than ten seconds to solve this problem only if you know the concept of "median". So don't worry about it when you come across this type of question afterwards.

What is the median of 20days? Yes, 10 days.
So, find the 10 days that falls on the range.
That is second one, 7(because 4 plus 7 is 11 and 10 is right here!) So, the answer is $84. B.
Okay but why are we starting in that sequence? I figured that I would start from the number of days with the lowest number and then go up. Then when I got to the 10th day I would pick the amount of money that it fell on.

I.e., 2 days - $48 plus 3 days for $70 plus 4 days for $80 that is a total of 9 days. The next lowest number of days is 4 days for $96 so the 10th day will have an amount of $96 is we start the sequence using smallest to largest number of days. It seems that you assumed that we should just use the numbers as they appear from left to right on the screen. I don't see why the test makers should think that we all will make that assumption.
Hi:
First, the median of 20 is 10.5, am I wrong? there's no unique median value, so, we take an average of 10 and 11. Second, I need 10.5 days, as they come in time, not in an specific order. The table shows it that way, at least, that's what I assumed and that's the way I understand it.
Silvia
Join the discussion

by vivek.kapoor83 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:34 pm
Ans should be 84
as no seq is mentioned
so u have start as table is given. i.e 96 $ for 4 days and then 84$ fo 7 days and blah -2
now the median of 20 terms would be avg of 10 & 11 term,
as in 10 th day - 84 $
11 th day - 84 $

taking avg comes out to be 84 $
so ans is 84 $(took me less than 10 sec as said above)
Join the discussion

by mpaudena » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:13 am
vivek.kapoor83 wrote:Ans should be 84
as no seq is mentioned
so u have start as table is given. i.e 96 $ for 4 days and then 84$ fo 7 days and blah -2
now the median of 20 terms would be avg of 10 & 11 term,
as in 10 th day - 84 $
11 th day - 84 $

taking avg comes out to be 84 $
so ans is 84 $(took me less than 10 sec as said above)
Join the discussion