BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

GMAT score for MHA............

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by coolsammy35 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:02 pm
Hi,

I had been collecting information about GMAT for past couple of weeks and now I want to start a full blown preparation,actually I am a dentist running my own clinic and having 2yrs of experience but now I want to grow in or out of my profession so I had decided to do MHA(Masters in Healthcare Administration)but I have few questions:-

1)What kind of GMAT score I should be targeting (lowest and uppermost scores) to get into a university like Texas State University in San Marcos or University of Oklahoma.........or may be some else which you can recommend .........take in to consideration I have a GPA less then 3 which is quite frustrating.

2)Will the universities high on ranking then the above mentioned universities accept me ?

3)Does MHA program also needs high Quant.Scores as compare to its MBA counterpart? and if it does then what is the range..?

Thanx.
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by Paxton Helms - Kaplan » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:52 am
Hi and thanks for your question. A few thoughts:

- Typically an MHA is more for people that want an applied MBA, in this case, an MBA more focused on running hospitals and possibly insurance companies. Think very carefully about what you want to learn and what you want to do with an MHA degree and then validate that that is, in fact, the degree that you want.

- I don't really know the programs that you are talking about but would be surprised if they didn't have useful statistics on their website. So...that would where I would go for more information. I don't have it off the top of my head.

- I would imagine (though I am not an expert) that an MHA would require a bit less in the quant area than an MBA; and, in general, my guess is that they accept lower GMAT scores than a typical MBA program because they draw from a smaller pool.
Keep me in the loop about your thinking and let me know if you have any more questions.

Paxton



Paxton Helms is an MBA admissions consultant for Kaplan Admissions Consulting. He earned his MBA from UCLA and specializes in helping clients that are applying to top twenty and "reach" programs. He can be reached directly at [email protected].

To begin working with Paxton immediately, follow this link and request him specifically: https://www.kaptest.com/GMAT/Admissions- ... lting.html
Join the discussion

by coolsammy35 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:28 pm
Paxton Helms - Kaplan wrote:
- Typically an MHA is more for people that want an applied MBA, in this case, an MBA more focused on running hospitals and possibly insurance companies. Think very carefully about what you want to learn and what you want to do with an MHA degree and then validate that that is, in fact, the degree that you want.
Thanx for the reply

Yes that's what had always been on my mind that I want to get in to the administrative part of the hospital and not the patient care part,so do I need MBA specifically,even though the college advertises that one can take up a administrative job in a hospital.WHAT'S YOUR TAKE ON THIS ...??

Yes I had been going through many websites for the last 1 month and 90% of them had posted that they need a MINIMUM score of 500 or 550 around but they never posted what is there cut off,so what I feel is that 600-650 will be a descent score for MHA and not MBA.Whats your take on this...??

Lastly I agree with you that I need a lesser score for MHA

BUT LATELY,I have got confused ..............I had been thinking of taking GRE because its been recognized buy a large number of business and healthcare colleges as a standard exam,but my questions are:-

1) Which is the exam that I should stay with,and WHY ?

2) Which is easier GRE or GMAT( I heard its GRE) ?

3) Is it worth taking a GRE considering the fact that I want to do MHA and not any other graduate course ?

Thanx.
Join the discussion

by Paxton Helms - Kaplan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:16 am
Okay...there's a lot of stuff in here so let me see if I can answer your questions piece by piece:

Thanx for the reply
Yes that's what had always been on my mind that I want to get in to the administrative part of the hospital and not the patient care part,so do I need MBA specifically,even though the college advertises that one can take up a administrative job in a hospital.WHAT'S YOUR TAKE ON THIS ...??
This is really your decision. The MHA is narrower and more specialized but probably easier to get into and possibly shorter...an MBA is broader (but can be specialized), more flexible, and usually two years...I can't make this decision for you. I would say, though, that your graduate degree will be looked at for a LONG time so...if you have any doubts...I would go for the MBA.

Yes I had been going through many websites for the last 1 month and 90% of them had posted that they need a MINIMUM score of 500 or 550 around but they never posted what is there cut off,so what I feel is that 600-650 will be a descent score for MHA and not MBA.Whats your take on this...??
Every school and every program has different minimums or no minimum at all. In your case, I would focus on the range of GMAT or GRE scores.
BUT LATELY,I have got confused ..............I had been thinking of taking GRE because its been recognized buy a large number of business and healthcare colleges as a standard exam,but my questions are:-
1) Which is the exam that I should stay with,and WHY ?
I have no idea. Choose a program that is right for you and then see which exam they require.

2) Which is easier GRE or GMAT( I heard its GRE) ?
Neither one is easier or harder. They test different things. The GMAT is more math-oriented and provides a single score; the GRE is more balanced and provides both math and verbal scores.

3) Is it worth taking a GRE considering the fact that I want to do MHA and not any other graduate course ?
Like I said, choose the program that you want to attend and then do the exam that that program requires. Don't put the cart before the horse?

Thanx.
Keep me in the loop about your thinking and let me know if you have any more questions.

Paxton



Paxton Helms is an MBA admissions consultant for Kaplan Admissions Consulting. He earned his MBA from UCLA and specializes in helping clients that are applying to top twenty and "reach" programs. He can be reached directly at [email protected].

To begin working with Paxton immediately, follow this link and request him specifically: https://www.kaptest.com/GMAT/Admissions- ... lting.html
Join the discussion