BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Requesting input re: business resume

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by ashis979 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:38 pm
Hi,

I want to get your input on a few things:

1. What constitutes a business resume? Is it the industry standard 1-pager? For schools that do not specify a page limit but request a business resume what is the best approach?
2. My background is in IB and PE, and resumes in my industry usually describe some component of the transactions undertaken. So, my question is: for the schools that want a one-page resume, do I just list a few of my transactions without any details about them, for e.g. "$XX acquistion of ABC", or should I try and squeeze in what I actually did on the transaction?
3. Aside from good transaction experience I'm quite involved in the community as well and would like to highlight that on my resume since I think it adds another dimension to my profile. What are the expectations when a school requests a business resume? Should I just put down professional experience and cut out anything non-professional? Same thing for a strictly one-page resume?
4. My understanding (I may be wrong) of a business resume is a resume you send to potential employers. If so, do I need to have an objective statement?

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by Cindy Tokumitsu » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Hello,

I'll answer your questions below, but first let me state that while there are conventions for business resumes, it's not necessarily black and white, like a mathematical formula. Some people put personal interests in a business resumes, others don't - either approach is acceptable (assuming some balance, i.e., it should be just a minor note and not half the resume), though I prefer to leave out personal things like "enjoy skiing and French cuisine." Whether to include community service is a different matter; it's always fine to add it, but it's not necessary either, and again you wouldn't want it to be the bulk of the resume.

To answer your questions, in light of the above comments:

1. A 1 or 2 page resume is standard, no more than 2. Use your judgment: if your experience is short and/or you've worked mainly for one company or in one role, probably a 1-pager will suffice. Longer experience and/or job switches might recommend a 2-pager (though some MBA programs will specify a 1-page resume).
2. You should give enough information that the reader can readily ascertain what your real impact was; you certainly should quantify transactions. That means some details of some transactions, at least, though you should be selective, not ehaustive.
3. It's a gray area; there's no expectation that you add this, but it's not bad to, either. Sometimes it's advisable to show additional leadership if that's been a part of your community service.
4. I do not recommend an objective statement for any resume. It states the obvious - if you're applying for a job the cover letter will make this point. The resume is to show what you can do for the employer (or school), not what the employer/school can do for you.

Best regards,
Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Editor, Accepted.com
www.Accepted.com
Join the discussion

by ashis979 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:06 pm
Appreciate your input Cindy. I guess I just need to figure out how best to position myself and not focus too much on the one page vs two pages aspect of it. Yes, I will not be using an objective statement. I meant to ask about a "summary" statement - I've seen folks write a couple sentences summarizing/marketing their overall profile. Any thoughts on that? I was thinking of adding that section (in case I ended up with a two-page resume).

Once again, thanks a lot Cindy.

Regards,
Ash
Join the discussion

by Cindy Tokumitsu » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:02 pm
The summary statement can be a good idea -- but there are pitfalls. It's tricky to write one that has enough specifics without being redundant of the resume points. Avoid the "excellent teamwork" kind of meaningless statements.

- Cinidy
Join the discussion