BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Low-ish GMAT, high GPA from top undergrad. Thoughts?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by hypermeganet » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:55 am
Hi all,

I have a 3.84 GPA from Penn and I'm testing in the 670-690 range, but that range is heavily dependent on the high verbal scores I'm getting. My undergrad degree was in a science major, but I didn't take any calc classes as an undergrad (I had AP Calc BC and anything I needed to know about DiffyQ for my courses I learned on the fly from a textbook my one prof lent me).

My situation is sort of unique in that I put off my college education for three years after high school due to family reasons (that I'd rather not go into here) and took a job in banking eventually becoming a supervisor and then things worked out so that I could go to school.

Even though I didn't take calc as an undergrad, most of my upper level science classes could not be done without a decent knowledge of calculus. I also had quite a few Wharton classes as an undergrad, again many of which required significant quant ability, and after graduation I enrolled in a few classes at Wharton's Evening Program (Corp Finance and Financial Accounting, 'A' in both) while working for Penn doing small business consulting (a job I interned for from soph to senior year) and then moved on to a job in cash management at one of the largest asset managers in the world. I will have had 3 years of post-grad WE and 3 years of working in the banking job before college.

If I score in the mid-to-upper 600s do I have a shot at USC, UCLA, Texas, or MIT? These are the four schools I'm looking at most closely due to geographic reasons. Any tips on what I should highlight? Should I write an addendum explaining my family situation?

Thanks!
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:22 pm
The key to admittance to a top program is being remembered and demonstrating ability to excel in the program. Since your family history is uniquely yours, it could potentially help you stand out and be remembered, and as for demonstrating your qualifications, what you have going for you most of all is a degree from a top school with a good GPA. Yes it will help to get a good GMAT score, but what's even more important is what you have done with your post-UG career. you will need to have shown a track record of achievement and progressive responsibility to be considered for schools in the top tier. It wouldn't hurt to go out there and take a biz calc. class and get a good grade, just in case your GMAT quant score is not up to par--typically you could point to your classes to help prop this up, but since you never had a college level calc course, it might raise a red flag. Besides, taking a course will demonstrate dedication and the fact that you are really serious about b-school. It will also help you perform well when you get in, so there's really no downside. Hope this helps.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant


Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options
Join the discussion