BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Low GMAT. should I give another shot?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by boblindien » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:21 pm
Hi there,

Here is my question, I am an IT manager in France, and I have a fairly busy activity, and building solid experience. I would like to take a jump forward in my career through a top tier MBA + it would be a personal achievement to get into one of these top schools. Now, here is the problem:

I have attempted the GMAT three times (yes..) without success and mostly studying on my on not extremely consistently due to my activity (I had taken a course which was not very good, or useful). On my last try, I had booked a week to study, which didn't help..

On my first attempt, I scored 480 without prep (thought I could do without .. learnt my lesson)
On the second and third times, I scored 530 and 540 which weren't good scores at all. I am targeting 660-690. I believe that my biggest issue is quant where I do very bad usually (43% on the last score..)

I have two questions:

1. Is it worth trying again? (3 scores as bad in over a year.. should I give another shot? Can we achieve a jump like this to the desired score?)
2. If I DO try, will the school penalize me for these bad scores?

Thanks for your help and advice.

Rob
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by Paxton Helms - Kaplan » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:27 am
Hi, Rob, and thanks for your note. It sounds like your thinking is right and that a top-tier MBA would really accelerate your career. So...on to the GMAT:

1. Is it worth trying again? (3 scores as bad in over a year.. should I give another shot? Can we achieve a jump like this to the desired score?)

I think it's worth trying again but not under the same circumstances. It is really important that you take a few steps to maximize your chances of success:

- There are lots of components to the GMAT (probably more than most people realize). Have you thought very carefully about where you went wrong? Did you have your core knowledge memorized (this means triangle ratios, formulas, question types, etc.)? Did you memorize the verbal question types? Did you have strategies for time management? Do you know where your weaknesses are?

2. If I DO try, will the school penalize me for these bad scores?

Possibly; but, the fact that you are not a native English speaker may help you...; you can also make a case that you were unprepared, etc., though you may not get much sympathy!! I wouldn't worry about it at the moment. I think your focus now should be on giving yourself a chance and then deciding what to do from there.

I hope this helps. Keep me in the loop about your thoughts and decisions--

Paxton
Keep me in the loop about your thinking and let me know if you have any more questions.

Paxton



Paxton Helms is an MBA admissions consultant for Kaplan Admissions Consulting. He earned his MBA from UCLA and specializes in helping clients that are applying to top twenty and "reach" programs. He can be reached directly at [email protected].

To begin working with Paxton immediately, follow this link and request him specifically: https://www.kaptest.com/GMAT/Admissions- ... lting.html
Join the discussion

by ouail » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:45 am
Hi Rob,
I think you should give it another shoot. You are engineer ( just a guess because you are IT manager in France) so studying math should not be a problem. You need to do some 1000-2000 math problems and I think you will be able to get a score between 45 and 50. The verbal part is probably more difficult to improve and thus need more time. You can buy tests from gmatclub. I use them for my preparation and they helped me.
What is sure is that you should not take the exam unless you are confident about your score. The gmatprep is a good tool to assess where you stand. MGMAT tests can help you also to manage your time.
GMAC report only the last three scores.
Join the discussion