BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Massive confusion over exponents at GMAT...

Expert replies
by gmat_2010 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:24 am
Hi,

What does x^y^z mean? Does it mean (x^y)^z or x^(y^z).

All throughout my school this question killed me and I always got the right answers when I went for x^(y^z). But in the test prep companies' questions the answer is generally (x^y)^z = x^(y*z).

Today, I got a similar question while taking a test from GMAT Prep and went for the 2nd one. I was wrong! The solution had considered x^(y^z). Now, I need a definite answer. Could you all help? Thanks a lot!
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by truplayer256 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:48 am
In most cases, the GMAT usually has parentheses around expressions like x^y^z to make things more clear.

(x^y)^(z) obviously means x^(y*z) and x^(y^z) obviously means x raised to the y^z power. The question would be rather difficult to solve if the GMAT didn't have these kinds of parentheses.
Join the discussion

gmat_2010 wrote:Hi,

What does x^y^z mean? Does it mean (x^y)^z or x^(y^z).

All throughout my school this question k!IIed me and I always got the right answers when I went for x^(y^z). But in the test prep companies' questions the answer is generally (x^y)^z = x^(y*z).

Today, I got a similar question while taking a test from GMAT Prep and went for the 2nd one. I was wrong! The solution had considered x^(y^z). Now, I need a definite answer. Could you all help? Thanks a lot!
x^y^z should mean x raised to the power of y, which in turn is raised to the power of z. Hence it should be x^(y^z)

Thanks,
Quant-Master
https://gmat-quants.blocked - My Blog Updated almost daily with new quant fundas. Find collection of quants question in my blog
Join the discussion

[quote="quant-master"][quote="gmat_2010"]Hi,

What does x^y^z mean? Does it mean (x^y)^z or x^(y^z).

All throughout my school this question k!IIed me and I always got the right answers when I went for x^(y^z). But in the test prep companies' questions the answer is generally (x^y)^z = x^(y*z).

Today, I got a similar question while taking a test from GMAT Prep and went for the 2nd one. I was wrong! The solution had considered x^(y^z). Now, I need a definite answer. Could you all help? Thanks a lot![/quote]

x^y^z should mean x raised to the power of y, which in turn is raised to the power of z. Hence it should be x^(y^z)

Thanks,
Quant-Master[/quote]

I agree with you. I have solved the problems this way my whole life and I have been right all along. The GMAT Prep answer also used the same interpretation. I am going in with this concept. Just to let you know, GMAT Prep didn't use parentheses.
Join the discussion