BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Profile eval, 740 GMAT but poor GPA

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by KingA » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:50 am
I am curious what people might think about my situation and prospects for successful application to various schools.

I received a 740 (49 quant, 42 verbal) on my GMAT. It is a good score but I only earned a 2.7 GPA on my B.A. in Political Science at Seattle University. That seems to be a problem a number of people have on this site.

I have been working full time just shy of four years. I started as an Americorps volunteer at an outdoor school. I helped manage high school volunteers as well as handling camp logistics and doing some public speaking. I worked at a non-profit museum a while with no significant experience or skills gained there.

I worked at on online retailer for a while. I managed quality control of new independent online sales associates, researching and trying to stop fraud. I also helped train and supervise our customer service reps. Finally, at my current job I do a lot of data entry for a non-profit hospital and send people acknowledgment letters. It is a very important job for the foundation here, but there is not much leadership, management or detailed responsibility involved in it.

With all this in mind, I am applying to a few schools. I am definitely applying to NYU Stern and Berkeley Haas. I would like to know opinions on the use of applying to Columbia Business school. I know we should apply to schools we would really like to get into even if the prospects are not high, but would it be a waste of $250 with my GPA and work experience to apply to Columbia?

Also I plan on applying to Presidio MBA in sustainable management and possibly California College of the Art's MBA in Design Strategy. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with those programs that might be able to give me a hint of my chances or what my strategy should be?

Thanks and any feedback is appreciated.

EDIT: I should add that I am definitely going to these places to study Social enterprise. I don't know if that will change anything but I feel like in their search for diversity schools will look favorably on that over another finance student.
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by KingA » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:09 am
BUMP
Join the discussion