Hi and thanks for your note. It sounds like you are in a really strong job situation so that's great.
It sounds like you have a great GMAT, a decent undergrad career, really rich work experience (I can already see your essay topics based on the little bit that you told me; you probably can, too!), and enough volunteer experience to show that you have a soul. (Incidentally, I don't know this for sure but I simply cannot believe that EVERY person that gets into business school has rich volunteer experience; it's just not possible, especially knowing some of the folks that I knew in business school.)
At any rate, I would say that you are going to be very competitive at the schools that you mention. There are, obviously, no guarantees but I think you'll have a very good shot.
My only concern and I don't see this as a deal-breaker but I do see it as an issue is having only three years of work experience. I would still go ahead and apply but just bear this issue in mind.
In terms of Marriott, it's a fine school but it's student body is mainly Mormon (Church of Latter Day Saints). Now, there's certainly nothing wrong with that (quite the contrary) but it is something to bear in mind. Remember that business school is as much about developing a geographically relevant network as any anything else and going to BYU may limit you somewhat in that respect. Of course, if you're a Mormon then it would probably be terrific.
Keep me in the loop about your thinking and let me know if you have any more questions.
Paxton
Paxton Helms is an MBA admissions consultant for Kaplan Admissions Consulting. He earned his MBA from UCLA and specializes in helping clients that are applying to top twenty and "reach" programs. He can be reached directly at
[email protected].
To begin working with Paxton immediately, follow this link and request him specifically:
https://www.kaptest.com/GMAT/Admissions- ... lting.html