BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Advice Needed

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by syk120 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:02 am
Hi there,

I need some good opinion if anyone could provide me their experience within the application process and college acceptance criteria.

I took the GMAT test earlier this year (first attempt) and did not do as well as I should have - 530 and 5 on AWA (32Q, 24V, i think). I'm not really good at apptitude test taking skills. I got killed due to bad timing esp at the end. I took a prep course with VERITAS.

I wanted to apply for FALL 2010 MBA programs and wanted to see if I would have a shot at all.

Here's a basic profile about me....i have a solid work background, strong essays, recommendations, but my GMAT score is not so good.

====================
Undergrad in United States, BSc in Industrial Engineering
2 minors in Engineering/Leadership related fields
3.2 GPA Cumulative, ~3.8 in minors
5 years work experience top business/IT consulting company (IBM)
Certifications in TWO professional accredited programs (APICS CPIM & LEAN SIX SIGMA)
Leadership roles in college - resident assistant, VP/Student board in several orgs.
Lead University Recruiter for my company
Team Lead experience on projects + Deputy project manager for 100 person project.
Extensive community service involvement
International experience - have lived overseas in South Asia for 10+ years.
===============

I know GMAT was one part of the mix, but everything else about my candidacy I feel is solid, just weak GMAT performance.

Schools I'd be interested in: Oxford, U of M, Indiana, CMU, UVA or some places in europe etc....

Area of focus is Supply Chain Management/Operations - my work background solidifies it, MBA would open more oppty's into leadership roles.

please give your thoughts if I would have a shot in getting in and should apply with my current score..
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by mbaMissionJessica » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:57 am
Hi - thanks for your question.

You have an interesting and varied background with good work experience, international experience and what seem like good community involvement. But as you identify, the GMAT is really a big gap. Unfortunately, while your GPA is fine, at a 3.2 it is not strong enough to allay the admissions office's concerns about your academics abilities. The schools you are applying to seem reasonable, but a GMAT of 530 is low enough that everything else would have to be not just strong but exceptional. I think you'll find the process much less worrisome and ultimately more successful if you can retake the GMAT and pull your score up.

Best of luck.
Jessica Shklar
Senior Consultant
mbaMission (www.mbamission.com)
646-485-8844

Sign up for a free consultation with mbaMission, the only admissions consulting firm that leading GMAT prep companies, ManhattanGMAT and Kaplan, recommend.
www.mbamission.com/consult.php
Join the discussion