BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

I need help about this question in GMAT number properties

Ask your questions about Manhattan Prep products/services here
Expert replies
by ahm » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:36 am
Hi,
I got Manhattan GMAT prep 2007 edition Number properties.

I feel that there is an error in question number 5, page 17.
The answer is " Cannot be determined" while I think that it should be "yes"
Can you help me more in this.

The question is ----
if "j" is divisible by 12 and 10, is "j" divisible by 24?

I answered it in this way:
j prime box contains 12, and 10
12(2,2,3) and 10(2,5)
so prime factors for j (2,2,3,2,5)
so we can multiply any of these factors and any integer result from this will also be a factor of "j" so
2*2*2*3=24

in answer they tell that we have only two 2's and I see that we have 3.
can you help me in this?!!

AHM
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask a Manhattan Prep representative |

by Stacey Koprince » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:46 am
Please make sure to read (and follow!) the forum guidelines. Problems should be posted in the relevant problem folder (Math, Verbal) on the site. This folder isn't for test questions / problems. I'll answer this question but please make sure to follow the guidelines for the future. Thanks!

The strategy guide is correct. When combining the prime boxes, we are allowed to take only the MINIMUM information that MUST be true. The two prime boxes have information that potentially overlaps, so we have to strip out that overlap before we combine them.

To see the overlap, imagine this scenario. You, Meryl Streep, and I are sitting in a room. I go into the next room (you can't see into this room) and I come back and tell you there's an orange sitting on the table in the next room. Then, Meryl Streep goes into the next room, comes back, and tells you there are two oranges sitting on the table in the next room.

What's the minimum number of oranges that MUST be on that table? Three? There might be three, but there don't have to be three. There might only be two - because the orange I told you about might be the same as one of the oranges that Meryl told you about. You know there are at least two, because Meryl reported two. But you don't know whether there's a third.

Same thing with the prime boxes. You've got 2,2,3 in one and 2,5 in the other. What if that 2 in the second box is the SAME 2 as one of the 2's in the first box? It's possible. So we don't know that we have three 2's. We only know for sure that we have at least two 2's. We might have three 2's, but we don't know.

Make sense?
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me
Join the discussion