BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

AWA Score in the optional essay?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by airickuh » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:44 am
Hi, thanks for help on the following issue:

Background: I'm applying to top 10 schools, round 1. GMAT score was 720-44V, 44Q, 4.5 AWA.

Situation: I am finished with my essays and had a friend (who has a Master's in English) review them. She said the essays were very well-written and persuasive, so overall I'm quite satisfied as I prepare to submit. But now I'm wondering that the admin committee will wonder if I wrote my essays since my AWA score was so low.

Do I need to address my low AWA score, or should I stop worrying since my verbal score was 97th percentile? I have no good reason for the low score- I studied briefly and most sources said it's best to use a lot of "transition" words, and that the test doesn't reward creative or clever writing, so the AWA essays were not written in my natural style.

Any advice? Am I just getting paranoid at the last minute or is there a real issue that I need to face in the optional essay?

Thanks for any insight.
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by Lisa Anderson » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:05 pm
Dear airickuh,

I do not think you need to address your AWA on the optional essay. It is possible the school will read your GMAT essay and compare it to your application essays, but they will expect your application essays to be better as you had more time to write them.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me
Join the discussion

by airickuh » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:55 pm
Lisa, thanks for responding!
Join the discussion

Retaking the GMAT

by shruti.bittu » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:47 am
Hi,

I gave the GMAT a few days back and scored 720 (VA - 36, QA - 51)
and AWA 4.

As you can see, my AWA score is pretty dismal. Now I am in a dilemma whether to retake the GMAT to improve my essay score (and probably VA also).

I've decent workex, acads and extra curr and I am planning to apply to a range of B Schools (some in the top 10 as well as the middle ranked ones in the US and quite a few in Asia Pacific).

Is my overall score less for that, considering my choice of colleges ? (I am mainly concerned about the AWA)

Also is it possible to get the AWA essays regraded or shall I retake the GMAT ?

I am in a big dilemma right now, will be really thankful if you could clear these doubts.

Thanks,
Regards,
Shruti
Join the discussion