BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Another 710 GMAT with a low quant.

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by thought » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:56 am
Hi I'm in a similar position to others -- I scored a 710 on the gmat with a (very?) low quant -- Q42 (63%), V45 (98%).

I do have a strong quantitative background -- I'm an African-American male with a BA in Economics from Morehouse College (3.28) and a minor in Mathematics and several courses in Computer Science. (I was also inducted into both the Beta Kappa Chi Honor Society for Math and the Omicron Delta Epsilon for Econ.)

In addition, I took four introductory graduate level economics classes at Duke with a 3.0 average after undergrad. and have been a high school math teacher at a prestigious prep. school and an SAT teacher in Shanghai in the past. I also currently work in a somewhat quantitative industry in web analytics/online market research/digital intelligence. (One blemish worth nothing is that I pursued an M.Ed. at Harvard in the economics of education but didn't complete it due mostly to immaturity and a splash of disinterest -- The four courses I completed were with a 3.0 I believe).

I am pursuing an MBA to break into consulting and I want to target mostly top 15 schools. I took the GRE in late 2004 and scored 770(87%) on the quant. there also.

My first question is this: Will schools consider my GRE scores if I submitted them? Would you think would even be necessary?

Secondly: My short (or long) list of schools so far is Emory, Brandeis, Carnegie Mellon, Cornell, Tuck, Fuqua, Harvard, Northwestern, NYU, Wharton, Stanford, UCLA, Virginia & Yale. Given my GMAT, desired field and profile, which of these would you say are a fit versus not a fit. (The underlined programs are those I have a strong notion that I will apply to.)

Thanks!
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by Cindy Tokumitsu » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:28 pm
Hello,

It’s an interesting situation overall and not black-and-white. Of course, the low quant GMAT score is an issue. But you have mitigating factors: the strong quant coursework and the quant component of your job. The GRE quant score is strong – although the adcoms won’t take the GRE scores officially, you can mention the score as part of an optional essay. My suggestion is to write the optional essay straightforwardly and succinctly addressing the low quant GMAT score. Acknowledge the low score, then discuss the mitigating factors. Include the GRE score and offer to provide an official record if they wish it.

I agree that pursuing the education degree will not look great; that matter too you can discuss succinctly in the optional essay.

You present a range of schools, which is good – some are reaches and some are on-pars. I don’t have enough information about you to really understand how competitive you’d be – to do so I’d need to know the strength of your career advancement/performance and leadership and the details of your extracurricular activities. On the limited info I have from you, I’d say probably HBS and Stanford are a bit out of reach – but I would change that opinion if you had extremely strong career record of accomplishment/impact and/or exceptional extracurricular contributions/leadership. The other schools seem like a good mix of reasonable reaches (Yale, Tuck, Fuqua) and on-pars (Emory, Brandeis). I believe they’d all meet your needs.

Best regards,
Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Editor, Accepted.com
www.Accepted.com
Join the discussion