BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

760 - Q49, V45, 2.7 GPA - Should I take an online course?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by left field » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:25 pm
A few quick questions

Should I take an online class to bolster my application, or shift gears and start focusing on the essays? Do programs value online courses?

(In a perfect world I would take a course on campus, but I'm living in China at the moment and it's not realistic)

I just retook the GMAT and scored 760 - Q49, V45. (Up from a 720 three years ago) My undergrad GPA was 2.7, major - genetics. I worked 25+ hours/week and was on a NCAA team during undergrad. I minored in computer science and as a result I have lots of quantitative courses , but my grades varied from a D to A's.

If I do take a course, which should I take? (I'm open to anything - business, calculus, statistics, economics)

I want to go to Columbia or MIT.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your reply.

LF
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

Good questions

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:11 am
Your GMAT definitely demonstrates academic ability, and while your GPA is not horrid, it's below the coveted 3+ which may look out of place considering your GMAT score. Sounds like you had a rigorous undergrad major, which helps, so sell that angle in your essays. Also, did you have an upward trend in your undergraduate grades or did you make bad grades all the way through? Was there a trend in the types of classes in which you scored poorly? If so, perhaps a course in that area would innoculate any misperceptions about your abilities. REmember, you are simply trying to prove to the adcom that you can handle the academics and have a sharp head on your shoulders. The GMAT pretty much proves that, but if you have never had a statistics cours or a calculus class (or even accounting or finance), you might take one or all of these to show commitment. As long as you take an online course from a reputable school you shouldn't raise any eyebrows. You are only trying to get the material down, not trying to use it to qualify for anything. Pick the best online program you can. Good luck.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant


Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options
Join the discussion

by left field » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:26 am
Thank you Bryantmichaels.

Fortunately there was an upward trend in my GPA, especially during the last three quarters. For better or worse there is no real pattern to the classes I did well (or poorly) in. Since I have taken everything from statistics to differential equations, I guess I'm left with accounting.

I'll start doing some research and sign up for something ASAP.

Thank you again.

LF


BTW - If anyone knows of a good school offering online courses with a flexible start date, please let me know. If all the material is online so that I don't have to track down a book in China, even better!
Join the discussion