BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Impact of GPA on admission committee

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by fused » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:18 am
Hi,

Before I move onto my question, let me give you a brief background.

I have been a straight A student in school. In college, I got more focussed on my extra curricular activities. I held major leadership roles in these extra curricular activities like club secretary and team captain. I also play in my college band and have won many competitions. My social service activities are numerous in and outside college. This led me to not do very well in my academics. I even failed one subject in my 4th semester, though I have cleared it now. But the F grade still reflects on my transcript. My GMAT score is mediocre, 640, but at aiming for a 700+ in my next attempt. Also, I have two summer internships, in my chosen career path, under my belt and have excellent recommendations from both employers.

Right now, I am planning to work for two years and then start applying to universities.

I was wondering -
1. If my GPA and transcript would be a major sticking point while I am applying to MBA universities in the US?
2. How much importance does the admissions committee give to GPA when looking at the all round application?
3. Is there a way I could justify the grades in my transcript? Maybe by getting a great GMAT score.

Thanks!
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |