BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Profile + GMAT score - should I retake?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by mba_nut » Thu May 28, 2009 8:22 pm
Hi all,

I took my GMAT today and got a score on 700 (90th percentile, V38 Q 48)

During the verbal section, I could feel that I was not in the comfort zone during the last 15 or so questions, and I believe I could have gotten a V40 if I had been a little diligent and that bad ass passage + difficult CR question hadnt shown up.

I am fretting over the fact that I could have obtained 20 more points but didnt. I need your inputs on how good do you think this score is and if I need to retake?

The retake is going to take a few more weeks of study/practice etc and the $250 fee in exchange for maybe 20-30 points. Is it really worth it?

Let me share my profile here to put this question in perspective.

Background: I am a South Asian (not from india, so i believe this might be a diversity advantage for me) working in a computer software firm here in the US. I have been here for 3+ years and my total experience at the end of this year would be 5 year, all in software development.

Undergrad: My undergrad is from a univ in my home country, CGPA of 3.7 (top 5 % of class), distinction, merit scholarships throughout, lots of great extracurriculars and great internships. (my undergrad experience rivals any top undergrad experience IMHO)

After Undergrad my extracurriculars have been okay.

I am also doing a part time masters in CS from a top 10 CS graduate school along with work (with some focus on entrepreneurship). Recently at work, i filed for a patent (with other inventors) and another one might be on the horizon...

I am interested in the top schools....Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, MIT, Chicago and columbia.

Post MBA i plan to be in strategy consulting with the likes of MBB.

Based on all of the above, Is my GMAT good enough for my target schools or should I be concerned and retake the GMAT?

Thanks in advance.

MBA NUT.
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by AppReview » Thu May 28, 2009 9:22 pm
Hi,

Your GMAT score is good enough for the schools you are targeting. We know what you mean by not being able to get those 20-30 points you could have got. However, your score is very good and looking at your overall profile, we don't think it would be wise to re take the test, until and unless you really really want to re take and improve your score to 720-730.

The reasons for our conclusion above are:

1. Your overall profile is really good. Your 700 will also work well as it is above the 90th percentile score. Your balance between verbal and quantitative is very good as well.

2. You are above or around the mean/median for the other 2 main criteria used in evaluation - GPA and Average years of work experience. For example, at HBS, the 50% score range of the GMAT is 700-750, Average GPA is 3.66, and average work experience is around 4.5-5 years. At MIT, average GMAT is 708, but average GPA is 3.54 and average years of work experience is 4.8.

3. You stand out with an advanced degree in computer science, even though it might be part time. As you are confident about your course and alma mater's competency and prestige, you should have a good profile to present in addition to a good GMAT score. Also, as you said you are from South Asia but not from the Indian sub continent, the diversity factor will enhance your prospects as well.

All in all, you would be able to complement your GMAT score with a great profile and extra currics and thus this score should be good enough for you. There's always room for improvement, but at the cost of $250, a great profile, good work experience and already having a good GMAT score, in our opinion doesn't make too much sense. You would be competitive at the schools you have chosen.

Hope this helps. All The Best.
AppReview - Realizing your potential, transforming your dreams

A unique student collaborative venture - We are an eclectic mix of students having confirmed admission offers at Yale, Stanford, Cornell, Duke, Dartmouth, LSE, Cambridge, Imperial College, among others. Offering admissions consultancy options with the flexibility of choosing a custom mentor for all types of graduate and professional studies.

Follow us on Twitter | E-Mail: [email protected]
Join the discussion