Winners - 2009 Beat The GMAT Scholarship

This topic has expert replies

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

Winners - 2009 Beat The GMAT Scholarship

by beatthegmat » Thu May 21, 2009 10:29 pm
Dear Beat The GMAT Community:

I'm very happy to announce that we have selected winners for the 2009 Beat The GMAT Scholarship competition. I would like to introduce our winners below (in order), along with the bios that they wrote for themselves:
  1. Ganesh Kumar - My name is Ganesh Kumar, and my background has been aimed to become the very best Financial Engineer. Born in Bangalore, India’s Silicon Valley, I migrated to New York with my family due to my severe hearing impairment and availability of hearing aids technologies. I excelled in academics to achieve my Bachelors degree in Computer Science as well as double minors in Mathematics and Business with concentrations on computational finance, entrepreneurship, chemistry, and pre-medicine from Carnegie Mellon. During and after my work with Lehman Brothers as an Analytics Analyst, I am graduating now with my Masters in Quantitative Financial Engineering.
  2. Emmanuel Situma - I was born and raised in Nairobi Kenya, the first born of five kids. I came to the United States in 2000 to attend college. I graduated in 2004 with a Bachelor of Science, Finance. I have worked at SUPERVALU Inc for the last five years in accounting and finance. I am the proud father of a 23 month old son and have been married for five years. In my free time, I like to play a lot with my son and spend time with my wife walking the dog. I am currently trying to learn woodworking in the hopes of making my son’s first bed and some new cabinets for our kitchen. This is a work of progress.
  3. Bernard Von Gizycki - Bernard received his BBA in Finance and Investments from Baruch College . He has experience in analyzing collateral and bond structures of Mortgage Backed Securities. Currently, Bernard assists clients in a consulting capacity, with the valuation of various structured product securities, ranging from MBS, CMBS, ABS, and CDO securities. Bernard is also a level 2 candidate in the Chartered Financial Analyst program.
  4. Shelby Morrison - Shelby is the Office Manager for Raw Art Works, a non-profit youth arts organization in Lynn, MA. She received her BS in Business Administration in 2008. She also volunteers for Project LAUNCH!, mentoring two teens and assisting them with all aspects of the college application and financial aid process in order to help them reach their educational goals. She is also an active member of Salem Main Streets’ Organization Committee, a downtown business development organization. She enjoys going out with friends and hanging with Gidget, her chubby, cuddly, basset hound.
  5. Wittaya Reanchaipitak - My name is Wittaya Reanchaipitak. I am working as system analyst at Siam Cement Group, Bangkok. Here I earn many managerial skills. I got first-class honor bachelor in Engineering from King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang. Actually I was grown up in Petchburi, a province in western Thailand. I planed to enroll in business school in US next year and then, after finishing MBA, move back to my hometown. I enjoy surfing the Internet, reading book and backpacking. I believe that nothing people cannot do as hope that I will reach GMAT 700 in the coming day.
Without exaggeration, this was the most difficult Beat The GMAT Scholarship competition our judging panel has ever had to review. There were so many incredible candidates out there, and narrowing down to 5 people almost felt impossible.

Hats off to all the Beat The GMAT Scholarship applicants this year! We enjoyed your stories and we're confident that you'll find great success with your MBA and career.

Please join me in congratulating Ganesh, Emmanuel, Bernard, Shelby, and Wittaya! And a special thanks to Manhattan GMAT and Stacy Blackman Consulting for co-sponsoring this year's competition!

All the best,

The Beat The GMAT Scholarship Committee

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:680

Congrats!

by talaivar » Thu May 21, 2009 11:14 pm
Congrats guys! Good luck in your future pursuits!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Congratulations

by ahm » Thu May 21, 2009 11:57 pm
Congratulations to all winners despite I am not one of them
Thanks Eric and all beat the gmat team and to all sponsors to this competition
*** Eric, would you please help me to get books with low price
I really can not afford them
thanks

MBA Student
Followed by:17 members
GMAT Score:710

by gmat740 » Thu May 21, 2009 11:59 pm
Congrats Guys
Great job done

Best of luck for your B-School Journey

MBA Student
Followed by:9 members
GMAT Score:640

by hk » Fri May 22, 2009 12:50 am
Amazing. Hearty congratulations to all the winners. Very sure you guys are absolutely deserving.

Thanks again to Eric, BTG, Stacy Blackman consulting and Manhattan Gmat for giving this opportunity to every one.

P.S. Eric - is there any way you could publish their essay entries (on their approval ofcouse). There could be many take aways for b-school applicants.
Wanna know what I'm upto? Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/harikrish

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by Troika » Fri May 22, 2009 2:30 am
Congrats to all the winners! You guys deserve it!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:670

by Vitalina » Fri May 22, 2009 3:35 am
Congrats to all the winners! :D

2009 Beat The GMAT Scholarship Winner

Thanks Eric and the Scholarship Committee

by uhuru » Fri May 22, 2009 4:43 am
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I feel humbled and extremely excited to get this chance. Thank you to Eric and all the scholarship sponsers for providing this opportunity and resource. I look forward to tackling the GMAT challenge and moving on to essays and applications next year with this incredible support behind me.

Thank you and congratulations to my fellow winners. B-)

Emmanuel

Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:700+

Thank You

by gkumar » Fri May 22, 2009 6:28 am
Wow. Thank you very much! I sincerely appreciate this scholarship and will certainly make good use of it. Thank you so much to Eric, BeatTheGmat community, BeatTheGMAT committee, and Stacy Blackman for their kind words and services. Congratulations to everyone and I am looking forward to 'Beat the GMAT' with my fellow members and friends. Best of luck to everyone! :)

- Ganesh

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Congrats!!!!

by gmat1sttimer » Fri May 22, 2009 6:44 am
Congrats Guys!!!!! Best of luck with everything!!!!!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:630

by Mr2Bits » Fri May 22, 2009 6:44 am
How many entries were there?

Congrats to all others

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:770

by amitchell » Fri May 22, 2009 6:51 am
Congratulations! :D
Andrew Mitchell

GMAT Instructor
Assistant Director of GMAT & GRE
Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions

by mbabound2010 » Fri May 22, 2009 7:33 am
I would like to thank The Beat The GMAT Scholarship Committee, Beat the GMAT, Manhattan GMAT, and Stacy Blackman for this recognition and resources.

Eric, thank you for your commitment to helping perspective students in their pursuit of an MBA. This scholarship opportunity is a great start to the application process, and this websites content and open forum to ask questions are truly valuable, and I look forward to continue exploring its contents throughout my application process.

Thank you and good luck to the Beat The GMAT community!
Bernard

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by aim-wsc » Fri May 22, 2009 9:03 am
Congratulations people!
You deserve this. I wish you good luck in your MBA admission process. :D

Thank You!

by shelbymorrison » Fri May 22, 2009 3:05 pm
Thank you all so much for this, and congratulations to all of the other winners. I'm so excited! Such an amazing opportunity that has been presented to us...Can't wait to take that GMAT course ;)