BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

MAcc: Please Review my profile!!!!

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by osuguy98 » Sun May 17, 2009 4:00 pm
Hi-

I would like some opinions on my profile and things I can do to improve it. I'm currently a junior at Ohio State majoring in accounting. I want to become a CPA, so I have to go acquire my masters in accounting. I plan on going to grad school in 2010. The schools I'm researching include: Ohio State, Univ. of Cincinnati, Clemson and Bowling Green. Preferably I would like to get into OSU! My gpa is not that great. Right now I have a 2.79 but I know I can bring that up to a 3.0 before I graduate. My freshman year I went to Ohio University and transfered to OSU with a 3.37. Will this make my gpa look any better? I was also on deans list my last quarter at OU. I don't have a lot of extracurriculars other then my work experience. I participated in habitat for humanity while I was at OU. Since transferring to OSU I have worked 20-30 hrs a week. I have been working since I was freshman in high school. I do electrical work with my dad. Does my work experience help make up for my gpa? I think I can get a 650+ on the GMAT. My goal is to score above 700. Thanks for taking the time and reading my lengthy post. I greatly appreciate any insight/help this great community can offer!
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by Paxton Helms - Kaplan » Mon May 18, 2009 1:12 pm
I'm not totally clear on what you're asking: are you planning on grad school in accounting or are you planning to do an MBA?

With that info, I'll have some better thoughts on your status.

Cheers--

Paxton
Keep me in the loop about your thinking and let me know if you have any more questions.

Paxton



Paxton Helms is an MBA admissions consultant for Kaplan Admissions Consulting. He earned his MBA from UCLA and specializes in helping clients that are applying to top twenty and "reach" programs. He can be reached directly at [email protected].

To begin working with Paxton immediately, follow this link and request him specifically: https://www.kaptest.com/GMAT/Admissions- ... lting.html
Join the discussion

by osuguy98 » Mon May 18, 2009 1:16 pm
I'm planning on a masters in accounting for now. Possibly MBA later on in life. But my question is regarding on getting into programs for grad school in accounting.
Join the discussion

by osuguy98 » Tue May 19, 2009 4:47 pm
Anyone have any good advice?
Join the discussion

by Paxton Helms - Kaplan » Sun May 24, 2009 5:17 am
I am not really familiar with MAcc programs. The little bit that I know about them is that they are often tacked on at the end of an undergraduate degree (i.e., you do a bachelor's and master's in five years) and that they can also be specialized (i.e., tax, etc.).

To answer your question about whether your work experience can help explain your GPA, I can say that it might help a little bit but probably won't help terrifically much. Comparatively speaking, your GPA is pretty low; and, in terms of the value of your work experience, I think that that work experience is probably more valuable to an MBA program than to an accounting program.

All of that said...your best bet is going to be to find some accounting programs that interest you, review their websites for admissions data (there may even be a website that aggregates this data), and then see where you think you might be competitive.

I suspect that this is not all that you hoped for but this is really outside of my area of expertise.

Good Luck--

Paxton
Keep me in the loop about your thinking and let me know if you have any more questions.

Paxton



Paxton Helms is an MBA admissions consultant for Kaplan Admissions Consulting. He earned his MBA from UCLA and specializes in helping clients that are applying to top twenty and "reach" programs. He can be reached directly at [email protected].

To begin working with Paxton immediately, follow this link and request him specifically: https://www.kaptest.com/GMAT/Admissions- ... lting.html
Join the discussion

by osuguy98 » Tue May 26, 2009 4:42 am
Thanks for the info, looks like I have a little research to do. It also looks like the best thing to improve my profile is to do solid on the Gmat.

Thanks,
Nathan
Join the discussion