What dou you think about the Yale MBA

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

What dou you think about the Yale MBA

by molt_llest » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:26 am
Hi, I have visited the yale web page and I think that they have a good MBA program, but I have been told that some years ago Yale was not a good school in management (not good I mean not in the TOP 30). What dou you think of Yale? Have they improved the MBA program in the last years?

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members

by niraj_a » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:58 am
yale IMO is not really chosen for its MBA program, but for the brand association.

Legendary Member
Followed by:7 members

by Cindy Tokumitsu » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:09 am
Hello,

Although Yale SOM may not immediately come to mind as a management school, the changes to their program in recent years give it distinctive strength in management. It presents management fundamentals and decision-making in a way relevant to the cross-functional reality of many/most businesses today. It takes a holistic, integrated, interdisciplinary approach to management. I have encouraged clients to take a good look at Yale SOM if they are interested in applying to schools with strong management programs.

Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Editor, Accepted.com
www.accepted.com

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_MBA_Guru » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:56 pm
Amongst other things, Yale SOM has a strong reputation for non-profit management / public interests programs. In addition, the school's strong Wall Street ties (via its alumni) have help students break onto the Street.
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by gmattakers » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:46 am
It is difficult to get accepted.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by ninkorn » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:36 pm
I know former colleague who currently is studying at Yale SOM MBA program. The school revamped their MBA curriculum recently and decided they are going to distinguish itself from the pack by offering school specific style (i.e. - HSB - case method, Stanford - quant oriented etc etc)

He loves it there. Also, Yale SOM attracts typical employers that recruit its undergrads. So if Yale undergrad is an attractive option for many, why not consider Yale MBA?

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by coolshling » Sat May 23, 2009 11:07 am
I am also interested in the Yale SOM program. What is the average GMAT scores to be accepted for this course? :)