BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

690 on GMAT - Really low looking quant percentile...

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by mixpanda » Tue May 05, 2009 7:44 pm
Hello!

I just got a 690 on my GMAT, and I'm very happy with it! The breakdown:

47Q (79%) and 38V (83%)

Should I include the percentages in my apps? They will change over time, and I feel like they are very skewed right now. 79% for a 47 in quant? That percentage sounds so ugly - like I got a C!

The schools will get my official scores in a few weeks - is it possible that those will have different percentages?
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

mixpanda wrote:Hello!

I just got a 690 on my GMAT, and I'm very happy with it! The breakdown:

47Q (79%) and 38V (83%)

Should I include the percentages in my apps? They will change over time, and I feel like they are very skewed right now. 79% for a 47 in quant? That percentage sounds so ugly - like I got a C!

The schools will get my official scores in a few weeks - is it possible that those will have different percentages?
I don't know what schools you are targeting, but realize that the GMAT score is looked at in context of your work experience, the quant courses you took and grades you earned. Don't look at the GMAT in a vacuum.

Best,
Linda
Linda Abraham
Accepted.com -- Helping You Write Your Best!
310.815.9553
Accepted Blog
Accepted on Twitter
Accepted on Facebook
Join the discussion

by mixpanda » Thu May 07, 2009 12:43 am
Hello Linda,

Thank you for your advice. I definitely recognize that the GMAT isn't everything, and that the other components of an application are equally important.

But here is another question: What happens if I am applying to programs not usually used to seeing gmat scores? I keep reading everywhere that 680/690+ is what is needed to get into the top 10 business schools - this is true because business schools have experience with the GMAT, and they know what high scores are.

I'm worried because I am applying to a couple of programs that are not even business schools, but instead businessy programs at advertising schools. They require GMAT or GRE, but I took the GMAT because my other schools needed it. What worries me is that these advertising programs were not even on the list of possible schools to which I could send my scores! I'm worried that these programs do not have enough experience with the GMAT to automatically know that 690 is a good score!

To someone who doesn't know much about the GMAT, wouldn't 690/800 sound bad? If you convert it to a percentage, it's about 86% - it's a B! But in reality it's an A!

First, I need you to assure me that a 690 is in reality an "A" - If this is true, if a 690 is a top mark, then how can I convey that to the admissions committees? I guess I could trust them to just know how difficult the GMAT really is...

Do I have any options?
Join the discussion

by Paxton Helms - Kaplan » Sat May 09, 2009 9:49 am
Hello! And congratualations on your good score --that should stand you in good stead come application time.

A few mechanics to start....

First, your percentages are already reported to the school so there is no need to include them; the only reason to include them, in my mind, would be to highlight a particular strength that you are already focusing your application on. For instance, a great quant score and you want to go into finance.

Second, your "score" is not a grade!! It's a percentile! What that means is that some 79% of OTHER GMAT test takers scored lower than you did. It's not like school where most people (hopefully) score above, say, 60, with a couple of total slackers getting lower than that. I also emphasize that you are not being compared to the general population but to the world of other GMAT test takers. How about thinking of it like this: you're in the top 22%!!


My take on "low" quant scores is that if they are part of a larger pattern of poor quant skills than you need to address it. For instance, if you have lousy quant grades in college, lousy quant GMAT, you're talking about your love of finance, and you're applying to a quant school (Chicago, Duke, etc.) then you need to take that bull by the horns.

On the other hand, if you're talking about going into something less quantitative, have good quant scores in other areas, and aren't applying to a "pointy head school" then you're probably fine.

In general, and this gets to my philosophy of applications, you need to think through how your GMAT scores fit into your story. Do they enhance or detract (or are they neutral) in terms of the case you are making for getting into somebody's program?


Finally, you got a great score. Well done. There may be some thinking to be done on the quant side but don't forget to pat yourself on the back and recognize how very much you have helped yourself.

Stay in touch and let me know if you have other thoughts / questions--

Paxton



47Q (79%) and 38V (83%)

Should I include the percentages in my apps? They will change over time, and I feel like they are very skewed right now. 79% for a 47 in quant? That percentage sounds so ugly - like I got a C!

The schools will get my official scores in a few weeks - is it possible that those will have different percentages?
Keep me in the loop about your thinking and let me know if you have any more questions.

Paxton



Paxton Helms is an MBA admissions consultant for Kaplan Admissions Consulting. He earned his MBA from UCLA and specializes in helping clients that are applying to top twenty and "reach" programs. He can be reached directly at [email protected].

To begin working with Paxton immediately, follow this link and request him specifically: https://www.kaptest.com/GMAT/Admissions- ... lting.html
Join the discussion