BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Impact of job promotion? Is the impact huge?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by gmat_2010 » Fri May 01, 2009 9:08 am
Hi,

Could anyone please tell me what the impact of job promotion is? I have worked for three years and will get promoted only at the end of 3.5 years of total work experience (after I am done applying to the schools). I switched to the second company after first 9 months. Then I was supposed to get promoted this year, but didn't get so because my group had performed very badly, and was shut down this year, and I had to join another group in the same company (and lots of other politics going on too). Do you think this severely weakens my chances of getting into the Top few B-Schools? How do I tackle this? The good thing is my manager (the earlier manager didn't care to promote any of us in the group; he was leaving the group anyway) has changed.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate your help. This thing is killing me.
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by Joe@VeritasPrep » Fri May 01, 2009 2:19 pm
The real answer to your question is "it depends." Obviously, if you kept getting promoted based on strong merits, then that would be a positive to your candidacy. However, the fact that you have not been promoted yet is not necessarily a negative. If the quality of your work experience is strong and if you have been able to excel at a high level while taking on extra responsibilities, then you are still a strong candidate.

Make sure to make your work experience sound as strong as possible. There's no need to pre-emptively apologize for a lack of promotions, but if it comes up in your interview be sure to provide a good explanation for your progression.
I hope that this was helpful.

Joe Farr | Veritas Prep GMAT Admissions Consultant | www.VeritasPrep.com
Join the discussion

by gmat_2010 » Fri May 01, 2009 3:17 pm
Jaffar,

Thank you so much for your reply. Actually I have trained two new guys in my team, and I did pretty well. Demonstrated leadership qualities for sure. Does that count? Can this defend my position?
Join the discussion