BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

gmatprep1

Expert replies
by gbb » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:20 pm
Before being simplified, the instructions for computing income tax in Country R were to add 2 percent f one's annual income to the average (arithmetic mean) of 100 units of Country R's currency and 1 percent of one's annual income. Which of the following represents the simplified formula for computing the income tax, in Country R's currency, or a person in that country whose annual income is I?

A 50 + I/200
B 50 + 3I/100
C 50 + I/4
D 100 + I/50
E 100 + 3I/100

please, help !!!

answer C
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by mike22629 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:35 pm
Are you sure its not supposed to be 5 + (I/40)?
Join the discussion

by gbb » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:58 pm
sorry mike,

answer C = 50 + I/40

and NOT C = 50 + I/4 neither C = 5 + I/40

can you explain how did you get C?

thanks!!
Last edited by gbb on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join the discussion

by vittalgmat » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:01 pm
Can u pls check the choices. esp C .. looks like there is a typo.

I think it should be I/40 + 50
Join the discussion

by gmat740 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:12 pm
2 percent of one's annual income = I *2/100

average (arithmetic mean) of 100 units of Country R's currency and 1 percent of one's annual income


[100 + I/100 ]/2 = 50 +I/200

Now Tax = I*2/100 +{ 50 + I/200 }

= 50 + I/40
Join the discussion

by mike22629 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:53 pm
Yea I meant I/40 + 50

And I did the same as GMAT740
Join the discussion

by GmatGreen » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:26 pm
gmat740 wrote:2 percent of one's annual income = I *2/100

average (arithmetic mean) of 100 units of Country R's currency and 1 percent of one's annual income


[100 + I/100 ]/2 = 50 +I/200

Now Tax = I*2/100 +{ 50 + I/200 }

= 50 + I/40
Thanks for the explanation. Questions about taxes put me on edge, especially in April! (tax season in US)
Join the discussion

math

by hannahdavis » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:52 pm
2 percent of annual income = I *2/100

average arithmetic mean and annual income


(100 + I/100 )/2 = 50 +I/200

Now Tax = I*2/100 +{ 50 + I/200 }

= 50 + I/40
Join the discussion