BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Question for sureshbala

Expert replies
by pakaskwa » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:17 am
Hi Sureshbala,
There are so many threads to your original posting, so I had to start a new one here.

I just don't think the solution to your question below is correct:

In the figure below, ABC is a right angled triangle. Taking the hypotenuse AC a square is constructed. If O is the center of the square find angle ABO.

Your answer is ABO=45 degree. But if you actually draw the figure on a piece of paper, and move point B, and measure the angle ABO with a ruler, you'll get different numbers. There's no way that there's only one angle.
Attachments
aV1nZ6tr.jpg
figure1
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by pakaskwa » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:25 am
Here's another figure posted by 4meonly. I read your explanation on why AB1O = AB2O =AB3O. I'm not convinced.

Simply put, the angle will change when point B is moved along the arc.
Attachments
Pq1z4t8i.jpg
Join the discussion

Re: Question for sureshbala

by sanju09 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:54 am
pakaskwa wrote:Hi Sureshbala,
There are so many threads to your original posting, so I had to start a new one here.

I just don't think the solution to your question below is correct:

In the figure below, ABC is a right angled triangle. Taking the hypotenuse AC a square is constructed. If O is the center of the square find angle ABO.

Your answer is ABO=45 degree. But if you actually draw the figure on a piece of paper, and move point B, and measure the angle ABO with a ruler, you'll get different numbers. There's no way that there's only one angle.
I have an explanation for this pakaskwa. Since I am not able to show you my drawings right now, so please have a pencil and piece of paper ready for a clear understanding.

Do the following constructions in the figure:

Draw a circle with AC as diameter, and it will pass through B as well, agree!

If you now complete the square by taking AC as one side towards the suggested direction; the sides of the square originating from the points A and C will also be tangent to the circle. With O as the center of square, angle AOC = 90 degrees, this confirms that the drawn circle would also pass through O. If we call AE as the side of square that begins from A, other than AC; then angle ABO = angle OAE (alternate segment theorem); but angle OAE = 45 degrees (AO is along one diagonal of the square). This proves that angle ABO = 45 degrees.
The mind is everything. What you think you become. -Lord Buddha



Sanjeev K Saxena
Quantitative Instructor
The Princeton Review - Manya Abroad
Lucknow-226001

www.manyagroup.com
Join the discussion

by pakaskwa » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:59 pm
sanju09,
Yes I agree it's a circle with AC as its diameter. And the circle circumscribe quadrilateral ABCO.

However, quadrilateral ABCO is NOT necessarily a square, even though there are 2 right angles ABC and AOC.

When B moves along arc AC, angle BAC and BCO will change. Thus angle ABO will change too.

ABO=45 if and only if quadrilateral ABCO is a square.
Join the discussion

by sanju09 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:12 am
pakaskwa wrote:sanju09,
Yes I agree it's a circle with AC as its diameter. And the circle circumscribe quadrilateral ABCO.

However, quadrilateral ABCO is NOT necessarily a square, even though there are 2 right angles ABC and AOC.

When B moves along arc AC, angle BAC and BCO will change. Thus angle ABO will change too.

ABO=45 if and only if quadrilateral ABCO is a square.
I will say that you are missing a great deal here, motion of B along the arc AC (not containing O) won't temper the result, a result drawn from the established geometrical theorems. The quadrilateral ABCO is not necessarily a square to prove the said point; as long as angle ABC remains 90 degrees, angle ABO will remain 45 degrees with associated angles adjusting their values to make it happening, under the situations given.
The mind is everything. What you think you become. -Lord Buddha



Sanjeev K Saxena
Quantitative Instructor
The Princeton Review - Manya Abroad
Lucknow-226001

www.manyagroup.com
Join the discussion

by pakaskwa » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:27 pm
I was thinking about this problem last night when I was half into sleep. And I realized where I was wrong. I re-read yours and all the threads in bala's original posting. And I understand why it's contant 45 degree.

Thank you so much sanju09!
Join the discussion