BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATBootcamp Starts Sep 28
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE BOOTCAMP

Live Online Bootcamp Class with Top GMAT Expert Chris Peckover

15 live classes from Sep 28, 2026

Schedule
Mon to Fri · 7:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Included
Live classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Boost your GMAT score in less than one month in a live online class
  • 6 months access to TTP OnDemand video courses included
View bootcamp & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeach 5 seats left
Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll
Limited cohort · enrollment openTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

Online MBA admissions -- Should I retake?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
Expert replies
by baker274 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:36 pm
Hello.

I just took the GMAT this morning, and did much worse than I thought I would -- 490. Happy with Verbal, hated the Quant. 74th %ile Verbal, 17th %ile Quant. I don't have my AWA scores, but I felt like I did really well.

I am trying to get into an online MBA -- Arizona State hopefully.

I have 8 full years of managerial/budgeting/leadership experience. I have excellent letters of rec (I'm sure), and I have a 2.89 undergrad GPA in the sciences.

Should I go ahead and apply, or retake?
Join the discussion
Source: — Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant |

by Hovey25 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:49 pm
I'm pretty sure that 490 is well outside ASU's 80% GMAT range even for the online program. Anything is possible but it will be very difficult to overcome a sub 500 score at a good school.

If you have the time I'd try to beef up the quant section and get into at least the mid 500s prior to applying. At least you'd then have score in ballpark. I too am researching online MBAs and many of the good programs have lower average scores than their full time counterparts.

I pretty sure ASU's full time program is in the mid to high 600s so the online would reasonably be in the low 600s.

Getting a higher score would make your application stronger, especially considering you also have a relatively low overall GPA.

Just my $.02...Best of luck either way.
Join the discussion

by Jen Kedro » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:40 pm
Hi baker274,

Unfortunately, a GMAT score below the average of all test-takers, and particularly with an extremely low quant score, will be a red flag to a b-school admissions team. They want to know you can handle the academic rigor of the MBA program, and they look to the GMAT for that evidence. If anything, they often look a bit more at quant than verbal (since the MBA does have a strong quantitative side, after all). A strong GMAT can often also help balance a weaker GPA, and given that your undergrad GPA was quite low also, it will re-emphasize the potential warning flag.

You don't mention how much prep you put into the GMAT, but most people do prepare part time for up to 2-3 months, and GMAC studies show that more hours of prep correlate with higher scores. Since basically every MBA program I've ever come across will take the highest score if you re-take, I suggest planning a clear 4-6 week study period, really preparing with plenty of full length CATs and practice, and taking again if possible.

Good luck!
Jen Kedrowski
Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions
GMAT Teacher
MBA Admissions Consultant
National Product Team Member
Join the discussion