BREAKING: Target Test Prep releases Brand New 2026 On Demand GMAT prep course

Redeem

Target Test Prep · GMAT

Choose how you want to prepare

Learn live with an expert or move at your own pace. Every option includes the complete TTP study system.

★★★★★5.0559 reviews
GMATLiveTeach Starts Oct 17
Chris Peckover, Target Test Prep GMAT expert
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES

Get Ready for GMAT Test Day Faster with Live Online Classes

with Chris Peckover, 100th-Percentile GMAT Scorer

Oct 17 · Chris Peckover
Sat · 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM ET
Oct 20 · Chris Peckover
Tue, Thu · 8:00 to 10:00 PM ET
Oct 25 · Josh Braslow
Sun · 1:00 to 4:00 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes + 6 months of TTP OnDemand
  • Attend the first class for free
  • Every class is recorded, so you never fall behind
View classes & enroll
Limited seats availableTarget Test Prep
EALiveTeachOnDemand 5 seats left Start anytime
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Target Test Prep EA OnDemand

Self-paced EA prep. Study on your schedule.

Logan Thompson
EXECUTIVE ASSESSMENT

Sep 6 to Dec 6, 2026

with Logan Thompson

165+ EA score guarantee
$05-day trial no automatic billing
Schedule
Sun · 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM ET
Included
40 hours of live online classes plus six months of access to the complete TTP EA OnDemand course.
  • 165+ EA Score Guarantee
  • 4,100+ Quant, Verbal, and Integrated Reasoning practice questions
  • 400+ hours of in-depth video lessons
  • 3,000+ step-by-step video solutions
View EA class & enroll Start free 5-day trial
Limited cohort · enrollment openTrial includes full course accessTarget Test Prep
GMATOnDemand Start anytime
SELF-PACED MASTERCLASS

Target Test Prep GMAT OnDemand

Complete access from day one. Study on your schedule.

715+ score guarantee
$0to start then $127/mo
  • Personalized study plan and analytics
  • Thousands of lessons and practice questions

Compare the format, schedule, and included access before enrolling. Prices and seat counts shown reflect the supplied offer details.

math question. number properties

Expert replies
by semidevil » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:04 pm
This is probably, really simple, but I can't wrap my head around it.

#83, page 72: on the OG math workbook

If u > t, r > q, s > t, and t > r, which of the following must be true?

I u > s
II. s > q
III u > r.

case II and III, are straight forward and easy.


I drew the number line it looks like this:

Q------------r-----------t-------------u----------

The question is: where is 's' placed? between 't' and 'u,' or just in front of 'u'?

case I explanation tells me to draw the line, and plug in some arbitrary numbers. they pick, t = 2, u = 3, and s = 4, therefore it's obvious that u is not greater than s.

How did they come up with these numbers? what if I pick t = 2 u = 5, and s = 4? then U > S, and still follows all the premises...right?


What am I missing here?
Join the discussion
Source: — Problem Solving |

by cramya » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:05 pm
The OG explanations are not great. This is the opinion of almost everyone


Coming to this problem:

I would write the inequalities as follows:

u>t r>q s>t t>r

It follows:

u>r t>q

u>q s>q


In must be true questiona statement that has to be true for all sets of values so if u can prove something is not true for 1 set of values then it is not part of the answer choice


Stmt I u>s may or may not be true.

The other question type is could be true -> This means if u can prove a statement is true for 1 set of values based on problem constraints if any then that statement will be part of you answer choice


Stmt II and III must be true

I dont understand how the OG says (not sure if it does) that I also must be true (may be I am also missing something- also u,t,r,q does not even have to be intgers if they are not given to be integers)


Is it OG 11 th edition or OG 10th edition?
Join the discussion